Assignment No. 02
Semester: Fall 2019
Advance Computer Architecture – CS501
Total Marks: 20
Due Date: 28-11-2019
Please carefully read the following instructions before attempting assignment
OBJECTIVE OF ASSIGNMENT
Objective of this assignment is to increase the learning capabilities of the students about:
• Encoding of Assembly Instructions
• Behavioral RTL description of instruction
• ISA of Modified EAGLE
• Address Bus and Data Bus in Modified EAGLE
RULES FOR ASSIGNMENT
It should be clear that your assignment will get credit only if:
• The assignment is submitted before or on the due date.
• The submitted assignment file is not corrupted or damaged.
• The assignment is not copied (from another student or internet).
Read the following instructions carefully before uploading assignment:
• Upload/Submit assignment in your VULMS assignment interface.
• No assignment will be accepted through email.
• Your assignment must be with .doc extension. (Any other format will not be accepted)
No assignment will be accepted after the due date via email in any case (whether it is the case of load shedding or internet malfunctioning etc.). Hence, refrain from uploading assignment in the last hour of deadline. It is recommended to upload solution file at least two days before its closing date.
If you find any mistake or confusion in assignment (Question statement), please consult with your instructor before the deadline. After the deadline, no queries will be entertained in this regard. Moreover, keep checking announcements section.
For any query, feel free to email at:
Best of Luck
Question # 01 10 Marks
Consider the below given table consisting of assembly instructions belonging to different processors.
JPL R5, 
Falcon - A
STS R7, R2 (100)
Falcon - E
STACC R4, 36
SHIFTL R5, R2, 7
FALCON - A
Write machine code (in the hexadecimal representation) and behavioral RTL description for each instruction given in table.
Question # 02 10 Marks
Consider the below given tables belonging to Modified EAGLE architecture.
• Table 1 shows the contents of registers R1, R2 and memory labels A, B, C. The contents of memory labels are memory addresses.
Table 1: Contents in Registers and Memory labels
• Table 2 represents byte- aligned memory map and shows the value stored at each memory address.
Table 2: Contents at different memory addresses
• Table 3 contains the instructions of an assembly program for Modified EAGLE. You are required to complete Table 3 by writing the values of destination operand, 16-bit address bus and 16-bit data bus after each instruction is executed.
Write the complete steps for calculating the values of Destination Operand, Data Bus & Address Bus after the execution of each instruction.
Contents stored in Destination Operand
Table 3: Data Bus and Address Bus Contents for Modified Eagle