Assignment No. 1
Due Date: 28 May 2020
“Please prepare an audio introduction file through any available device. Preferably Sound recorder of the Windows”
• Total time of audio introduction will be 5 minutes.
o Course name and code (30 sec) (Very Important)
o Your Introduction (2 minutes)
o Your academic Background (1 minute)
o Views about course (1 minute)
o Expectations about the course (30 sec)
• This assignment carries 10 marks.
• Audio Introduction file should be uploaded on LMS not later than 28 May 2020
DO NOT send the assignment thorough email. Assignments submitted through email will result in no marks.
Instructions for audio recording through Sound recorder of the windows
• Open Windows Search
• Write “Sound recorder” in the search bar and click enter
• Select the program “Sound recorder” Open it and start recording.
• Save the file and send it through the LMS.
This assignment will help you to develop presentation skills and strengthen you to present yourself in front of audience.
Total Marks 5
Starting Date Monday, August 19, 2019
Closing Date Tuesday, August 20, 2019
Question Title Process Organism selection
Which of the following is preferable method for accurate identification of bacteria?
Support your answer with five well-versed statements.
Your discussion must be based on logical facts.
Your comments on the topic should not exceed 200-250 words.
The GDB will remain open for 2 working days/ 48 hours.
Do not copy or exchange your answer with other students. Two identical / copied comments will be marked Zero (0) and may damage your grade in the course.
Obnoxious or ignoble answer should be strictly avoided.
Questions / queries related to the content of the GDB, which may be posted by the students on MDB or via e-mail, will not be replied till the due date of GDB is over.
Ø For Detailed Instructions please see the GDB Announcement
Assignment No. 2
BT603 – Fermentation Technology
Total Marks: 10
Due date: 22-01-2020
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before due date. No assignment will be accepted through e-mail after the due date.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
• Compose your document in MS-Word, any file created in any format will not be accepted and marked zero.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• To solve this assignment, you should have good command over lectures 38-51.
• This is not a group assignment, it is an individual assignment so be careful and avoid copying others’ work
• Give the answer according to question only and avoid irrelevant details.
Please note that your assignment will not be graded if:
• It is submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open
• The file you uploaded is copied from someone else
• It is in some format other than .doc
• Cheating or copying of assignment is strictly prohibited. The cheated or copied assignment will be marked ‘Zero’.
Question No. 1
How foaming is produced in the fermentation media? Explain at least two different methods used to control foaming. (1+4)
Question No. 2
What is meant by aeration? Describe any three methods of providing aeration to the fermentation process. (2+3)