Camera basics, principles and practices MCD401
Department of Mass Communication
Virtual University of Pakistan SEMESTER FALL 2019
ASSIGNMENT NO.1 MARKS: 15
Camera Lens & Filters
• To provide students with an opportunity to familiarize with professional photography techniques.
Camera lenses are often more important than the camera they are attached with. The most camera body fixed with a good lens can make a good picture, but the best camera body in the world cannot make a good quality picture if its lens is of a poor quality. Similarly, Filters are generally used for capturing scenery in very problematic lighting conditions. They can enhance colors and decrease reflections or can simply protect lenses.
Keeping the importance of filters and lens in mind, you are required to write techniques to clean your lens and filters for durability of these important parts. (Marks 15)
• It will help students in developing and enhancing the capabilities of camera and equipment handling.
• Note: Copied material will be graded “Zero”.
Opening Date and Time 8th November, 2019 At 12:01 A.M. (Mid-Night)
Due Date and Time 14th November, 2019 At 11:59 P.M. (Mid-Night)
Note: Only in the case of Assignment, 24 Hrs extra / grace period after the above mentioned due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Please read the following instructions carefully before attempting the assignment solution.
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No assignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been uploaded by the instructor.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word 2003.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA reference style” in Google and read various website containing information for better understanding or visit http://linguistics.byu.edu/faculty/henrichsenl/apa/APA01.html
• Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an analytical assignment.
• Give the answer according to question, there will be negative marking for irrelevant material.
• For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but watch the video lectures and use other reference books also.
Rules for Marking:
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if:
• It has been submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt