Assignment No. 01 Semester: Spring 2019 CS605 - Software Engineering-II
moaaz last edited by
Assignment No. 01
Semester: Spring 2019
CS605 - Software Engineering-II
Total Marks: 15
Due Date: 17th May 2019
Assignment no. 1 covers Lec#1 to Lec#8.
Objectives of Assignment:
• To learn the basic objective of software process models.
• To understand the applications of different SDLC models.
• To learn about the different phases of these process models.
• Your assignment must be in .doc format.(Any other formats like scan images, PDF, Zip, rar, bmp, docx etc will not be accepted).
• No assignment will be accepted through email.
Rules for Marking:
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
• The assignment is submitted after due date.
• The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupted.
• Your assignment is copied from internet, handouts or from any other student
(Strict disciplinary action will be taken in this case).
Question no. 1: 5 Marks
Give reasons for your answer based on the type of system being developed, suggest the most appropriate generic Software Process Model that might be used as a basis for managing the development of a Safety system for the nuclear power plants.
Question no. 2: 5 Marks
Explain why incremental development is the most effective approach for developing business software systems. Why is this model less appropriate for developing real-time systems?
Question no. 3: 5 Marks
Mention at least two reasons why it is more expensive to fix a bug that a customer encounters in production than a bug that the developer discovers during development.
NOTE: Submit “.doc” file only. Every student should provide his/her own work, exact copying of the assignment (or some portion of the assignment) from the internet or other students will lead to copy case and zero marks will be awarded. Do not put any query on MDB about this assignment, if you have any query then email us at [email protected]
Your assignment must be uploaded/submitted on or before 17th May 2019.