Fundamentals of Public Relations MCM401
Department of Mass Communication
Virtual University of Pakistan FALL 2019
ASSIGNMENT NO.1 MARKS: 15
Press Relations in PR & Marketing Research (Lesson# 7 & 8) Learning Objectives:
• To develop the understanding of ingredients for good press relations.
• To develop the writing skills required by an PRO.
K-electric is mostly blamed for breakdown of power supply for longer duration, physical loss due to electrocution after rainfall, weak electrical safety mechanisms, power theft etc.
Consider the below given templates as an example and write the copy as asked in the question. (10 Marks)
Q.2 Why marketing research is important in PR? (5 Marks) Learning Outcomes:
As a PRO of K-electric Company, your task is to write a copy of advertisement to be placed
in the front page of newspaper to counter the misleading information spread by media.
• Students will be able to understand the press relations.
• Students will be able to know how the news releases should be written.
• Note: Copied material will be graded “Zero” Schedule
Opening Date and Time November 14, 2019 at 12:01 A.M (Mid-Night) Due Date and Time November 21, 2019 at 11:59 P.M (Mid-Night)
Note: Only in the case of Assignment, 24 Hrs extra / grace period after the above mentioned due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Deadline: Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No assignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been uploaded by the instructor.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA reference style” in Google and read various website containing information for better understanding or visit http://linguistics.byu.edu/faculty/henrichsenl/apa/APA01.html
• Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an analytical assignment.
• Give the answer according to question, there will be negative marking for irrelevant material.
• For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but watch the video lectures and use other reference books also.
Rules for Marking:
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if:
• It has been submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt