Business and Technical English (Eng201)
Assignment No. 1
Total Marks: 20
• Upload your assignments in a proper format, i.e. MS word file. Corrupt files will be awarded zero marks.
• The assignments should be zoomed in at 100%.
• Please avoid plagiarism; plagiarized work will be marked zero.
• After the due date, the assignments submitted via email would not be entertained.
• Please avoid submitting copied assignments; otherwise, such a case would be referred to the discipline committee.
• The font color should be preferably black and font size 12 Times New Roman.
Q1: In a corporate world, communication needs to follow the 7Cs which are Clarity, Correctness, Completeness, Conciseness, Concreteness, Coherence, and Courtesy. Read each description carefully and identify the principle of communication that is lacking in it.
(5 x 2 = 10 Marks)
Further to our conservation today, I am attaching the plan for the first stage of the project. Hope the one weak deadline is okay with you and your team.
I wanted to write you a quick note about the report you finished last week. I gave it to Michelle to proofread, and she wanted to make sure you knew about the department meeting we’re having this Friday. We’ll be creating an outline for the new employee handbook.
3. Hi everyone,
I just wanted to send you all a reminder about the meeting we’re having tomorrow!
See you then,
4. Hi Suzanne
I think we need to talk about the CSR campaign, I mean the one which we need to do as a quarterly exercise. I think it is a great way of enhancing our brand image. Basically, it would just be a visit to an orphanage but we can sort of do other things too. For instance, we could take the kids out for a short trip to a nearby park or zoo. Let us sit and talk tomorrow.
5. Dear James,
I would like to talk to you about the new client’s project which the engineering team had discussed yesterday. I might need the help of John from your team.
Q2: Suppose you are working as a sales manager in Sabroso. Your company has introduced two new products (Chicken Donut and Crispy Poppers). You are required to write a direct business message to the leading stores’ management for the sales and promotion purposes. Use the following organizational chart for highlighting and endorsing the features of your product.