Due Date: 25.11.2019
SEMESTER FALL 2019 Gender issues in Psychology (PSY512) Assignment No.01
Lesson No: 2 FEMINIST MOVEMENT
Upon the successful completion of this assignment students will be able to:
• Understand the historical concept of feminism
• Apply the concept of feminism in the Asian culture
• Analyze the prevailing forms feminism in our culture
This assignment is aiming to teach you about the history of feminism. This concept has taught in lesson 2. You are supposed to comprehend and discuss the concept as well as put it in the cultural perspective. You will address the following two questions in the assignment.
a) Explain four forms of feminism (i.e. Liberal Feminism, Radical Feminism, Socialist Feminism and Cultural Feminism) with the help of examples. (2.5*4)
b) Analyze Asian culture and highlight at least two forms of feminism that are prevailing in our society now a days. Justify your stance with the help of example. 5+5 marks
Only in the case of Assignment, 24 hours extra / grace period after the due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above-mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Please read the following instructions carefully before attempting the assignment solution. Deadline:
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No assignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been uploaded by the instructor.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman”/ “Arial” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word 2003.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an analytical assignment.
• Give the answer according to question.
• For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but watch the
video lectures and use other reference books also.
Rules for Marking
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if:
• It has been submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt
• It is in any format other than doc (MS. Word)
• It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc…