SEMESTER FALL 2019 ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY(PSY404) ASSIGNMENT No. 01
Due Date: November 20, 2019 Marks: 20
Upon successful completion of this assignment; students will be able to:
• Develop an understanding about Freud’s Psychosexual theory of development
Freud proposed five stages of Psychosexual development. The main emphasis in this theory is on the physical and psychological development of an individual. In this regard, scenarios related to Psychosexual stages of development are presented below in the table. Your task is to identify the psychosexual stage from given scenarios and then justify the reason of your selection.
|Sr. No.||Scenarios||Identification 1*5||Justification 3*5|
|1.||Sara during the first year of her life feels pleasure that centers on the mouth. Things such as chewing, sucking, and biting are the sources of pleasure that reduces her anxiety.|
|2.||During second year of life, Shazia feels pleasure on bowel and bladder elimination. The control she learns to exert over her bodily functions is manifested in toilet-training.|
|3.||Ali during the age span of 3 to 5 years feels pleasure for the genitals and coping with incestuous sexual feelings for his mother. He wants to possess his mother exclusively and get rid of his father to enable him to do so. On the other hand, Sana during 3 to 5 years of her age feels sexual attraction towards her father and hatred feelings towards her mother.|
|4.||At the fifth to twelfth years of age, Ahmad feels that his sexuality is repressed into unconscious and he started focusing to identify himself with the same sex parent and interacts with same sex peers.|
|5.||When Rashid reached at the age of puberty, he feels that he reaches the physical sexual maturity and the genitals become the primary focus of pleasurable sensations, which he seeks to satisfy in the heterosexual relationships.|
Marking Scheme: 1 for identification and 3 for justification =20
Only in the case of Assignment, 24 hours extra / grace period after the due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Please read the following instructions carefully before attempting the assignment solution.
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No assignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been uploaded by the instructor.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman”/ “Arial” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word 2003.
• Use black and blue font colors only. Solution guidelines:
• Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an analytical assignment.
• Give the answer according to question.
• For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but watch the video lectures and use other reference books also.
Rules for Marking
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if:
• It has been submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt
• It is in any format other than doc (MS. Word)
• It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc…