Fall 2019 - GEN733 - Biometrical techniques in Genetics
Assignment No. 2
Due Date: 27 January 2020
Audio Power Point Presentation
Please prepare Audio PowerPoint Presentation of review article that you submitted this fall 2020 as assignment-1.
• Total time of audio presentation will be 10 minutes.
• Audio presentation without audio will result in Zero marks.
• The language should be strictly English.
• Total 5 slides with text Should be prepared (Title, thanks, and reference slides are excluded from the count).
• Each slide Should be of 2-minute duration (or) total 5 slides would be of 10 minutes duration.
• Keep the text on the slides concise.
• Do not just read the slides, explain it well as well.
• Download the assignment file on another PC after uploading for submission, to know if the audio files are attached correctly and are working fine.
• This assignment carries 25 marks.
• Five slides and recording on each slide “Audio PowerPoint Presentation” should be uploaded on LMS not later than 27 January 2020
Instructions for making audio Presentation through PowerPoint.
• Open MS PowerPoint
• Create “new slide”
• Prepare all the material on the slide
• Go to “insert” in tool bar
• Go to “Audio” option in media (Extreme right option in power point tool bar)
• Start recording on each slide
Note: If you are linking the audio files from your Personal computer instead of embedding the audio files into the presentation, the audio files will only be uploaded as a link and won’t play on the instructor’s computer when downloaded from VULMS. Such submissions will result in zero (0) marks.
This assignment will help you to develop your Presentation skills and strengthen your ability to express your ideas more effectively.
GEN733- Biometrical techniques in genetics
Assignment No. 1
• As part of your course grading, you are required to submit a review article during this semester.
• This exercise is meant for to inculcate research temperament and skills by carrying out a deep study of given research topic/area relevant to this course and to find different online sources of data retrieval.
Write a review article on the following topic.
It should be comprised of the following sub-headings:
Abstract: It should be the theme of your whole article with keywords
Introduction: It should contain related content
Systemic Academic Review: It should contain the information about the already research articles published in this domain
Discussion: It should be discussed critically for future prospects
Reference: The whole article should be quoted properly with proper references
Following are the details of academic research paper/review paper: requirements, deadlines and marks.
For any question please contact [email protected]
Review Article Requirements:
Following are the requirements for the review article:
a. Paper Length
Your article should have substantial material and not less than 8 pages and minimum 25 research article should be reviewed. The purpose of review article is to gather and consolidate information in one article rather than to read all 25 research papers on this topic.
b. Quality of Writing
The clarity and style of expression, the degree to which your paper obeys the rules to
Formal academic grammar, punctuation, spelling, formatting details like paragraph indentation and location of page breaks, is part of quality of writing. Write and edit your review carefully for good organization, clear language with good spelling, punctuation, etc.
You must have to follow the above mentioned format (especially of writing references in the text and at the end of paper under the title of ‘References’) as described with the format named “APA format”.
No review article will be accepted without mentioned format.
You must have to study published research papers (minimum 15). The references of published research papers and books are allowed. Any unauthorized materials’ references will not be acceptable.
The format is also given for your convenience
• Whitehurst, G.J, Arnold, D.S., Epstein, J.N, Angell, A.L. Smith, M., & Fishel, J.E. (1994). A picture book reading intervention in day care and home for children from low-income families. Developmental Psychology, 30, 679-689.
*Use of reference manager (e.g EndNote) is highly appreciated
You can access Research Papers on your VULMS account using link [HEC Digital Library], Google Scholar and other online free research paper repositories (Some Journals of Genetics: Infection, Genetics and Evolution, Virus gene, Virology Journal, Journal of Genetics & Genomics, Genome Biology & Evolution Journal, Journal of Genomics, etc.).
Submission and Deadlines
Students are required to finalize and submit their review article by 10th January 2020.
As the academic research paper carries 15% of the total course grade, therefore it must contain implementation results of the proposed research idea. Similarly, in case of a review paper the “Discussion” section must contain student’s comments/conclusions and future research agenda regarding the domain being reviewed.
Warning: Write in your own words, do not copy-paste. Plagiarism is not acceptable. In case plagiarism is found, you will be awarded ZERO marks. No excuse will be accepted in this regard. For further understanding about plagiarism, please follow the links:
Little Book of Plagiarism
HEC Policy about plagiarism.
For further information and guidelines on writing a research paper, please follow the link: Guidelines and Requirements for Writing a Research Paper