BIO204 – Principles of Biochemical EngineeringFormatting guidelines
Assignment No. 2
Due Date: 24 January 2020
Total Marks: 10
You need to design a fermentation process for the production of pectinase. Aspects including substrate for the pectinase production, producing organism and methods for the recovery of fermentation product should be considered while designing the process.
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before due date.
• No assignment will be accepted through e-mail before or after the due date.
• Assignment file should be uploaded on LMS not later than 24 Jan 2019.
• Answers should be to the point.
• Providing irrelevant details will result in deduction of marks.
• Length of the description must be not more than 500 words long in a simple MS word Document otherwise it will result in negative marking.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman”, font size “12”, line spacing “1.5”, page size “A4”.
• Compose your document in Microsoft Office Word only, any file created in any other format will not be accepted and will be marked ZERO.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• To solve this assignment, you should have good command over topics of Fermentation process and recovery of fermentation products.
• This is not a group assignment, it is an individual assignment so be careful and avoid copying others’ work.
Please note that your assignment will not be graded, if:
• It is submitted after due date.
• The file you uploaded does not open.
• The file you uploaded is copied from someone else.
• It is in some format other than .doc.
• Cheating or copying of assignment is strictly prohibited. The cheated or copied assignment will be marked ‘ZERO’.
• Assignment submitted through email or after due date will be marked ZERO.
Assignment No. 1
BIO204-Principles of Biochemical Engineering
Due Date: 14 November 2019
Assignment marks: 5 marks
“Please prepare an audio introduction file through any available device, preferably with the help of Sound recorder of the Windows Operating System”.
• Total time of audio introduction will be 3-4 minutes.
o Course name and code (30 seconds) (Very Important)
o Your Introduction and academic backgroud (~1 minute)
o Views about the course (~1 minute)
o Your expectation for this course (30 sec)
• This assignment carries 5 marks.
• “Audio Introduction file” should be uploaded on LMS not later than 14 November, 2019.
Instructions for audio recording through Sound recorder of the windows
• Open Windows Search
• Write “Sound recorder” in the search bar and click enter
• Select the program “Sound recorder”, open it and start recording
• Save the file and attach it on your LMS account for submission.
This assignment will help you to develop presentation skills and strengthen you to present yourself in front of an audience.
ZERO marks will be awarded if;
• An assignment is sent through email.
• Assignment submitted file does not open.
• Assignmetn file is corrupted.
Graded Discussion Board
BIO204 – Principles of Biochemical Engineering
GDB Date: 8 August to 9 August, 2019
Why freeze drying is preferred for the concentration and preservation of enzymes?
(You need to provide precise and to the point answer, avoid irrelevant details)
Your discussion must be based on logical facts and should be to the point
Your comments on the topic should be less than 60 words.
The GDB will remain open for 2 working days/48hours.
Do not copy or exchange your answer with other students.
Two identical / copied comments will be marked Zero (0) and may damage your grade in the course.
Obnoxious or ignoble answer should be strictly avoided.
Questions / queries related to the content of the GDB, which may be posted by the students on MDB or via e-mail, will not be replied till the due date of GDB is over.
Students need to post their answer on Graded discussion board (GDB) and not on MDB.
You cannot participate in the discussion after due date via email.
The GDB will remain open only during the specified time and date.
For Detailed Instructions please see the GDB Announcement.