Dust is everywhere and everywhere is dust. It will get on and inside your lens. Lenses are manufactured in extremely clean factories, where manufacturers go to great lengths to try to eliminate dust from the environment. Even then, brand-new lenses may have dust between the lens elements.
Dust, however, is not the main enemy. A lens that sits on a shelf in your home for years and collects a thick layer of dust will, obviously, produce image-quality issues. But, a few specs of dust here and there on or inside the lens will have no effect on image quality. A few specs of dust on or inside the lens will have no effect on image quality. That statement was intentionally repeated.
Trying to keep your lenses dust free through continual cleaning may serve to shorten the life of your lens, as you run the risk of scratching the lens surfaces every time you clean the glass.
Remove as much dust and dirt as possible from the lens with a blower or soft bristled brush.
Apply a few drops of lens cleaning solution to a lens tissue or cleaning cloth.
Using a circular motion, gently remove oil, fingerprints, and grime from the lens surface, working from the center outward.
This is only solution making ides, not a complete solution.
UNSOLVED MCD401 Assignment 2 Solution and Discussion
Camera basics, principles and practices MCD 401
Department of Mass Communication
Virtual University of Pakistan SEMESTER FALL 2019
ASSIGNMENT NO. 2 MARKS: 15
Factors of Photography
• To provide students with an opportunity to learn the common elements in professional photography practices.
One of the great attractions of photography is that it blends both art and science. The artistic and creative side is definitely the most important aspect. But at the same time, your photography will not be perfect until you understand the basic factors that help into creating a high-quality photograph. Most of the important types of factors are as following:
• Shutter Speed
From the above mentioned factors, you are required to explain any 5 types which you think are the most important keys towards creating a good quality picture.
• Students will learn to create the mood of higher quality photos.
• Note: Copied material will be graded “Zero”.
Opening Date and Time January 03, 2020 At 12:01 A.M. (Mid-Night)
Due Date and Time January 09, 2020 At 11:59 P.M. (Mid-Night)
Note: Only in the case of Assignment, 24 Hrs extra / grace period after the above mentioned due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Please read the following instructions carefully before attempting the assignment solution.
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No assignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been uploaded by the instructor.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word 2003.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA reference style” in Google and read various website containing information for better understanding or visit http://linguistics.byu.edu/faculty/henrichsenl/apa/APA01.html
• Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an analytical assignment.
• Give the answer according to question, there will be negative marking for irrelevant material.
• For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but watch the video lectures and use other reference books also.
Rules for Marking:
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if:
• It has been submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt
shutter speed also known as “exposure time” stands for the length of time a camera shutters open to expose light into the camera sensor .If the shutter speed is fast ,it can help to freeze action completely .If the shutter speed is slow it can create an effect called "motion blur"where moving objects appear blurred along the direction of the motion.This effect is used quite in advertisements of cars and motorbikes.
Medium of light is also very important in photography.photographer has to check which medium is being used in the photography either its sunlight, bulb light or any other indoor light .Techniques of the photography vary according to the medium of photography.
Light To make a picture you require light ,that light may be natural or artificial such a as a light bulb or flash .Light that our own eyes are sensitive to 9 is called a visible light .But other creatures and material are sensitive to non visible forms of light such as Ultraviolet light ,infrared or x-rays.
Main factor of composition is rule of third Rule of third can be done manually by cropping too.
Optics or lense are very important in photography .There are different kinds of lenses used in photography like standard lense ,wide angle lense, Telephoto lense, Zoom lense, Fish eye lese, Macro lense, Tilt shift lense and image stabilization lesne.The choice of the length depends on your type of photography.If you want to shoot outdoor you will need wide angle lense but in indoor photography vivid range of lenses are use to cater different types of photography.