EDU302 Assignment No. 02
SEMESTER Spring 2019
CS403- Database Management System
Total Marks: 20
Due Date: 02/12/2019
Please read the following instructions carefully before solving & submitting assignment:
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
• The assignment is submitted after due date.
• The submitted assignment does not open or file corrupt.
• The assignment is full or partially copied from (other student or ditto copy from handouts or internet).
• Student ID is not mentioned in the assignment File or name of file is other than student ID.
• The assignment is not submitted in .doc or .docx format.
Your submission must include:
• Assignment should be in .doc or .docx format.
• Save your assignment with your ID (e.g. bx020200786.doc).
• Assignment submission through email is NOT acceptable.
The objective of this assignment is to able the Students:
• To understand the relational database model
• To understand the Conversion of ERD into relational data model
• To understand the Cartesian product of two relations
• To understand the degree and cardinalities of relations
Your answer must follow the below given specifications.
• Font style: “Times New Roman”
• Font color: “Black”
• Font size: “12”
• Bold for heading only.
• Font in Italic is not allowed at all.
• No formatting or bullets are allowed to use.
• Your answer should be precise and to the point, avoid irrelevant detail.
Lectures Covered: This assignment covers Lecture # 10 - 17
Your assignment must be uploaded/submitted on or before 02/12/2019.
Our second assignment is the continuation of the first assignment. In the first assignment an ERD was required for the given scenario, which is given below:
You’re required to perform the following tasks:
- Convert the above Entity Relationship Diagram into Relational data model.
You have to convert all the components of the ERD into Relational Data model.
- Consider the following two tables:
order_id order_status delivery_date btag_no cust_id sman_id
od001 Completed 10/30/2019 bt001 cust001 sm001
od002 Completed 10/30/2019 bt002 cust002 sm001
od003 Completed 10/30/2019 bt003 cust003 sm001
bill_id cust_id order_id net_amount
b001 cust001 od001 500
b002 cust002 od002 550
b003 cust001 od003 600
And write the output of the following relational algebra operations:
• ∏ order_id, cust_id, sman_id (Order)
• σ net_amount > 500 (Bill)
• ∏ order_status, delivery_date (σ btag_no= ‘bt002’ (Order))
- Find the degree and cardinality of the relations (Order and Bill) given in the 2nd question.
For any query about the assignment, contact at [email protected]