Hands-on Exercise No. 1 Batch-05 Graphic Design
Total Marks: 10
Due Date: 28/11/2019
Please read the following instructions carefully before submitting this Hands-on Exercise:
• Use MS Word to prepare exercise solution.
• You may consult tutorials and videos if the concept is not clear.
• Your submitted exercise will not be considered/counted if:
▪ It is submitted after due date.
▪ It is not in the required format (.doc or .docx)
▪ It does not open, or file is corrupt.
▪ It is copied (partial or full) from any source (websites, forums, students, etc.)
After completing this exercise, you shall be able to:
• Draw basic designs
• Balance the negative and positive space
Make basic designs with the proper use of negative and positive space.
• Take two chart paper, one white and one black.
• Cut out few shapes i.e. Square, Circle, Triangle, etc. from the black paper.
• Make 4 basic design patterns in 4x4 square inch size using Square shapes, Circles, Triangles and
zig zag shapes of black paper cuttings.
• Use Square for design # 1
• Use Circle for design # 2
• Use Triangle for design # 3
• Use zig zag shape for the design # 4
• Your challenge is to balance the negative and positive space (black and white areas) in the
composition using your visual force.
• Examples and guidelines are given below for your inspiration but please do not copy these
• Minimum 4 compositions are mandatory, but you can make up to 8 compositions.
• Take image of the designs and insert them in the word file and upload the MS Word file on the
BEST OF LUCK☺
How to submit solution file on LMS?
Please perform the following steps for submitting your solution using LMS:
- Login to the LMS
- Click on the Exercises button within the My Activities section
- Click on the submit button to upload your Solution.
- Keep in mind to upload your Solution in .doc or .docx format