SEMESTER FALL 2019 Cross-Cultural PSYCHOLOGY(PSY515) ASSIGNMENT No. 01
Due Date: November 20, 2019
This assignment has been designed to make students better: • Understand different layers of culture
People within the same culture carry several layers of mental programming within themselves. Different layers of culture exist at some levels and in this regard, following are few examples related to different levels. You are supposed to read them carefully and identify the level in each example and then justify the reason of your selection.
|Sr.no.||Examples||Identification 1*5||Justification 3*5|
|1.||A society pertaining to flags, logos, and colors as well as sound including national anthems and musical styles.|
|2.||Every culture varies with respect to language, regional, political and economical aspects. Such as Urdu, Punjabi, Pashto etc. are those languages that are usually associated with Pakistani|
|3.||Gender differences in terms of emotional stability such as women are considered to be more sensitive as compared to men.|
|4.||Generation gap of using latest technology such as mobile phones, laptops and smart TV etc. among grandparents, parents and children.|
|5.||A person’s social set up varies with respect to wealth, income, education, occupation, and social network.|
Marking Scheme: 1 for identification and 3 for justification =20
Only in the case of Assignment, 24 hours extra / grace period after the due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Please read the following instructions carefully before attempting the assignment solution.
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No assignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been uploaded by the instructor.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman”/ “Arial” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word 2003.
• Use black and blue font colors only. Solution guidelines:
• Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an analytical assignment.
• Give the answer according to question.
• For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but watch the video
lectures and use other reference books also.
Rules for Marking
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if:
• It has been submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt
• It is in any format other than doc (MS. Word)
• It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc…