MGT711 Assignment 1 Solution and Discussion
SEMESTER Fall 2019
MGT711-Business & Labor Law
Assignment No. 01
DUE DATE: 19th November, 2019 MARKS: 20
Consent of party(ies) to a contract is said to be free if it is not obtained through any of the following:
- UndueInfluence 3) Misrepresentation 4) Fraud
Read the examples given below and answer the questions. (4 marks each)
- An agent refused to hand over the account books of a business to the new agent unless the principal released him from all liabilities. The principal had to release deed as demanded. This is not a valid contract as it is not meeting the condition of free consent to the parties. Identify that condition and comment on it.
- A man by giving a threat to commit suicide induces his wife and son to execute a deed in favor of him in respect of certain property and they executed it. Comment whether this contract met the conditions of free consent of contracting parties. Justify your answer (yes/no) with valid reason(s).
- The vendor of a piece of land told a prospective purchaser that in his opinion the land would carry 2000 sheep. In fact the land could carry only a number less than this. What would be the legal status of this contract of sale?
- Explain any three points of differences between coercion and fraud with the help of examples.
24 hours extra / grace period after the due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies
The prospectus of a company did not refer to the existence of a document disclosing liabilities. This gave the impression that the company was prosperous. If the existence of the document had been disclosed the impression would have been quite different. Explain what would be the
effect of this material misrepresentation on related parties. Was this act valid?
and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Important Instructions/ Solution Guidelines/ Special Instructions
DO YOUR WORK CLEAN & COMPLETE
Other Important Instructions:
Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA reference style” in Google and read various websites containing information for better understanding or visit http://linguistics.byu.edu/faculty/henrichsenl/apa/APA01.html
Rules for Marking:
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0), if:
It is in any format other than MS-Word or Open Office; e.g. Excel,
PowerPoint, PDF etc.
Note related to load shedding: Please be proactive
As you know that Pre Mid-Term semester activities have started and load shedding problem is also prevailing in our country. Keeping in view the fact, you all are advised to post your activities as early as possible without waiting for the due date.