Testing and Assessment (Eng520)
Assignment No. 1
Total Marks: 20
• Upload your assignments in a proper format, i.e. MS word file. Corrupt files will be awarded zero marks.
• The assignments should be zoomed in at 100%.
• Please avoid plagiarism; plagiarized work will be marked zero.
• After the due date, the assignments submitted via email would not be entertained.
• Please avoid submitting copied assignments; otherwise, such a case would be referred to the discipline committee.
• The font color should be preferably black and font size 12 Times New Roman.
Q1. Suppose you are a language classroom teacher and can use a variety of assessment tools and strategies to assess the students’ performance. Keeping this in mind, discuss any five assessment tools which, you think, are appropriate for your classroom.
Q2. SOLO Taxonomy is a systematic way of describing how a learner’s understanding develops from simple to complex when learning different subjects or tasks. Bloom’s Taxonomy is a set of three hierarchical models used to classify educational learning objectives into levels of complexity and specificity. Keeping this in mind, write down any five differences between SOLO Taxonomy and Bloom’s Taxonomy.