Assignment No. 01
Semester: Fall 2019
CS610 –Computer Networks Total Marks: 20
Due Date: Nov 15, 2019
• To provide understanding about tools which are used for probing the Internet
• To make the students learn about the devices used in networking for establishing connectivity among the computers, LANs and WANs.
• Your assignment must be in .doc/.docx format (Any other formats like scan images, PDF, bmp, etc will not be accepted).
• Save your assignment with your ID (e.g. bc020200786.doc).
• No assignment will be accepted through email.
Rules for Marking:
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
• The assignment is submitted after due date.
• The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupted.
• Your assignment is copied from internet, handouts or from any other student
(Strict disciplinary action will be taken in this case).
Question No. 1 [Marks: 10]
Suppose you want to know the network configurations of your system then which command is used for this purpose?
Also you are required to use that command to gather the IP and MAC address of your PC/laptop and paste the related screenshots of the output.
Following is a sample screen shot:
• You should create the directory with your own Student ID.
• If the name of the directory shown in the screenshot doesn’t match with your student id then the assignment will be considered as copied and will be awarded zero marks.
Question No. 2 [Marks: 10]
Suppose an organization wants to make a network of 100 computers in 2 segments containing segment “A” with 65 computers and “B” with 35 computers located in adjacent buildings. Considering this scenario, answer the following questions:
a) Which device will be used to connect these two segments?
b) Which device is used to connect computers within one segment?
c) Which device will be used to connect the said LAN with WAN?
d) How many connections needed for segment “B” if there is a direct point to point communication?
e) Which command can be used by the network admin to check remote computer whether the computer responds or not?
Please answer the above questions in the following format:
Deadline: Your assignment must be uploaded/submitted on or before 15 November 2019