Assignment No. 01
Semester: Fall 2019
Wireless Communications – CS431
Total Marks: 20
Due Date: Nov 15, 2019
Objectives of this assignment are:
• To understand how to overcome a signal attenuation problem.
• To understand the method with minimum code to make error free wireless communication.
Please read the following instructions carefully before solving & submitting the assignment:
- The assignment will not be accepted after due date.
- Zero marks will be awarded if the assignment does not open or the file is corrupt.
- The assignment file must be an MS Word (.doc/.docx) file format; Assignment will not be accepted in any other format.
- Zero marks will be awarded if assignment is copied (from other student or copied from handouts or internet).
- Zero marks will be awarded if Student ID is not mentioned in the assignment file.
This assignment covers week 1 to week 3 lectures.
For any query about the assignment, contact at [email protected]
Question#1 (10 Marks)
An organization has its satellite based network that it provides direct broadcast services. This organization comes across signal attenuation problem due to the long distance communication links which results in the poor service.
As a network engineer, what you will advise to that organization to compensate this attenuation?
Question#2 (10 Marks)
A wide area network based organization wants to make error free communication by using CRC error detection technique. In addition the organization wants to keep the transmission code in minimum of its length.
Being a networking engineer, which one of the following would you suggest to the organization to achieve its goal?
- Error Correction
- Hamming Code
Support your answer with atleast one valid example.
Best of Luck