EDU602 Assignment 2 Solution and Discussion
SOLVED ENG503 Assignment 1 Solution and Discussion
Introduction to English Language Teaching (ENG503)
Assignment No. 1
Total Marks: 20
• Upload your assignments in a proper format, i.e. MS word file. Corrupt files will be awarded zero marks.
• The assignments should be zoomed in at 100%.
• Please avoid plagiarism; plagiarized work will be marked zero.
• After the due date, the assignments submitted via email would not be entertained.
• Please avoid submitting copied assignments; otherwise, such a case would be referred to the discipline committee.
• The font color should be preferably black and font size 12 Times New Roman.
Q1. While teaching English to autistic students of grade 3, what approaches to listening can be employed in order to improve students’ listening skills? How these approaches to listening would help you in teaching English language? (5+5=10 Marks)
Q2. In your point of view, what are the five best strategies which you can use to teach pronunciation in your classroom? Keeping those strategies in mind, design two meaningful activities for secondary school students to help them improve their pronunciation.
10 Simple and Useful Strategies to Master Your English Pronunciation
- Know What You Want to Sound Like
- Focus on Words That Are Giving You Trouble and Break Them Down
- Read Out Loud and Record Yourself
- Listen Closely to the Music of Words
- Subscribe to English Websites, Podcasts and Youtube Channels
- Communication is Key: Always Practice with Someone
- Watch the News
- Forget What You Know About Reading and Pronunciation
- Dictionaries Are Your Friends
- Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast
The recognition of students with special needs has been increasing significantly in Indonesia recently and the better understanding as well as supportive school programs is urgently needed. It was found out that schools and teachers in Indonesia had very limited preparedness either in teaching skills or material development to meet the actual needs of the students. This study then aimed at investigating appropriate strategies of teaching English to a student with Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) included in a regular classroom. This research was in the form of a case study conducted in North Bali Bilingual School. The data were collected through observations and interviews. The findings show that the Individual Education Plan (IEP) provided with visual media through co-teaching, differentiated instruction and also through a “buddy program” are found appropriate to help the student learn English as a foreign language. These strategies are effective to be implemented in an inclusive classroom program.