Assignment No. 1
Semester: Fall 2019
CS614 – Data Warehousing
Total Marks: 15
November 14, 2019
After completing this assignment the students will be able to:
• Identify Database entities from a given scenario
• Understand the database table structure
• Normalize a database table up to 2nd normal form
• De-normalize relationships using collapsing table technique
Please read the following instructions carefully before submitting assignment:
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
o Assignment is submitted after due date.
o Submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt.
o Assignment is copied (From internet/ to from students).
o Assignment is submitted other than word format (.doc, .docx).
Question No. 1
Consider the following schema related to a Social Media website named as ‘userPosts’. You have to perform following tasks related to the provided schema:
1- Identify appropriate keys for following structure (Primary and/or foreign key(s))
2- Convert this schema into 2 NF
userPosts (userID, userName, password, address, postId, postDate, postContent)
Question No. 2
Consider the following schemas relevant to a hotel booking website. You are required to De-Normalization the given schemas using Collapsing Tables Technique.
roomVisitor (roomID, visitorCNIC, dateTime)
roomCharges (roomID, spentDays, roomRent)
Your assignment must be uploaded on VULMS on or before November 14, 2019. While November 15, 2019 will be a bonus day for assignment submission. After the bonus day, no assignment would be entertained via email.
BIO302 Assignment 1 Solution and Discussion
Assignment No. 1
Total Marks: 10 Due date: 13/11/2019
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before due date. No assignment will be acceptable through e-mail after the due date.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
• Compose your document in MS-Word, any file created in any format will not be accepted and marked zero.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• To solve this assignment, you should have good command over Topics.
• This is not a group assignment, it is an individual assignment so be careful and avoid copying others’ work
• Give the answer according to question only and avoid irrelevant details.
Please note that your assignment will not be graded if:
• It is submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open
• The file you uploaded is copied from someone else
• It is in some format other than .doc
• Cheating or copying of assignment from internet, ppt lessons or from each other is strictly prohibited. The cheated or copied assignment will be marked ‘Zero’.
• Answers should be précised and clear with no useless material.
a) What is bacterial transformation?
b) Write down the steps of bacterial transformation
c) What are the Applications of transformation?
For any query about the assignment, contact at [email protected]
Note: Submit your solution through your LMS account. Solutions submitted through email will not be acceptable.
What are the Applications of transformation
When is transformation used?
- To make multiple copies of DNA, called DNA cloning.
- To make large amounts of specific human proteins, for example, human insulin, which can be used to treat people with Type I diabetes.
- To genetically modify a bacterium or other cell.
Write down the steps of bacterial transformation
Key steps in the process of bacterial transformation: (1) competent cell preparation, (2) transformation of cells, (3) cell recovery, and (4) cell plating.
What is bacterial transformation
Bacterial transformation is a process of horizontal gene transfer by which some bacteria take up foreign genetic material (naked DNA) from the environment. … Sometimes the exogenous genetic material may co-exist as a plasmid with chromosomal DNA.
SOLVED CS508 Quiz No. 1 Solution and Discussion
CS508 - Modern Programming Languages12
SOLVED CS432 Assignment 2 Solution and Discussion
CS432 - Network Modeling and Simulation8
SOLVED CS605 Assignment 2 Solution and Discussion
CS605 - Software EngineeringII8
UNSOLVED MTH404 Assignment 2 Solution and Discussion
MTH404 - Dynamics5
SOLVED CS411 Assignment 2 Solution and Discussion
CS411 - Visual Programming4
SOLVED CS432 Assignment 1 Solution and Discussion
CS432 - Network Modeling and Simulation4
SOLVED CS703 Assignment 2 Solution and Discussion
CS703 - Advanced Operating Systems4
SOLVED CS625 Assignment 2 Solution and Discussion
CS625 - Professional Practices4
SOLVED CS001 Assignment 2 Solution and Discussion
CS001- Computer Proficiency License3
STAT408 Assignment 1 Solution and Discussion
STAT408 - Experimental Design Analysis3
SOLVED CS202 Assignment 2 Solution and Discussion
CS202 - Fundamentals of Front End Development3
SOLVED CS310 Assignment 2 Solution and Discussion
CS310 - Open Source Web Application Development (PHP, PERL, CGI, Mysql)3
SOLVED EDU508 Assignment 1 Solution and Discussion
EDU508 - Teaching of English Language3
SOLVED CS314 Assignment 2 Solution and Discussion
CS314 - Introduction to Cellular Networks3
SOLVED CS606 Assignment 1 Solution and Discussion
CS606 - Compiler Construction3
SOLVED EDU304 Assignment 1 Solution and Discussion
EDU304 - Introduction to Guidance and Counseling3
SOLVED ACC311 Quiz 2 Solution and Discussion
ACC311- Fundamentals of Auditing3
SOLVED BNK611 Quiz 2 Solution and Discussion
BNK611 - Economic Ideology in Islam3
SOLVED FIN725 GDB 1 Solution and Discussion
FIN725 - Credit & Risk Management3
SOLVED MGT713 GDB 1 Solution and Discussion
MGT713 - Production / Operations Management3