CS625 Assignment 3 Solution and Discussion
SOLVED BIO101 Assignment 1 Solution and Discussion
Assignment No. 1
Total Marks: 10 Due date: 13/11/2019
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before due date. No assignment will be acceptable through e-mail after the due date.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
• Compose your document in MS-Word, any file created in any format will not be accepted and marked zero.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• To solve this assignment, you should have good command over Topics.
• This is not a group assignment, it is an individual assignment so be careful and avoid copying others’ work
• Give the answer according to question only and avoid irrelevant details.
Please note that your assignment will not be graded if:
• It is submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open
• The file you uploaded is copied from someone else
• It is in some format other than .doc
• Cheating or copying of assignment from internet, ppt lessons or from each other is strictly prohibited. The cheated or copied assignment will be marked ‘Zero’.
• Answers should be précised and clear with no useless material.
a) What are bacteria? 2
b) Write down bacterial characteristics 3
c) Describe the shapes of bacteria 3
d). Write at least 4 examples of bacteria 2
For any query about the assignment, contact at [email protected]
Note: Submit your solution through your LMS account. Solutions submitted through email will not be acceptable.
Write at least 4 examples of bacteria
Here are examples of bacterial infections with the bacteria that cause them: Botulism - Clostridium botulinum. Diphtheria - Corynebacterium diphtheriae. Gonorrhea - Neisseria gonorrhoeae. Legionnaire’s Disease - Legionella pneumophila. Leprosy - Mycobacterium leprae. Leptospirosis - Leptospira interrogans.
Examples of Bacteria
Describe the shapes of bacteria
Bacteria are classified into 5 groups according to their basic shapes: spherical (cocci), rod (bacilli), spiral (spirilla), comma (vibrios) or corkscrew (spirochaetes). They can exist as single cells, in pairs, chains or clusters.
About Microbiology – Bacteria - Microbiology Online
Write down bacterial characteristics
Bacteria are like eukaryotic cells in that they have cytoplasm, ribosomes, and a plasma membrane. Features that distinguish a bacterial cell from a eukaryotic cell include the circular DNA of the nucleoid, the lack of membrane-bound organelles, the cell wall of peptidoglycan, and flagella.
What are bacteria?
Bacteria are a type of biological cell. They constitute a large domain of prokaryotic microorganisms. Typically a few micrometres in length, bacteria have a number of shapes, ranging from spheres to rods and spirals. Bacteria were among the first life forms to appear on Earth, and are present in most of its habitats. Wikipedia