Administrative Law and Accountability (MGT621) Spring, 2017 Assignment No.1
Due Date: 27 January, 2020
Total Marks: 10
Topic: Fundamental Rights
NOTE: Assignments after due date will not be accepted
After completing this assignment a student may
▪ Understand the fundamental rights provided by the constitution to the citizens of Pakistan.
▪ Understand the Fundamental objectives of Frank’s Committee.
▪ Understand the Rule of Natural Justice.
Mr. Ali, a businessman by profession has filed a case regarding his Annual tax against the administrative agency (FBR) in an administrative tribunal. The hearing of the case came into the court of Justice Akbar, who claims that he cannot hear the case as Justice Akbar has shares in the company of Mr. Ali.
- Can Justice Akbar hear the case of Mr. Ali? Explain in the context of Fundamental objectives given by Frank’s Committee and Rule of Natural Justice. (5+5=10)
24 hours extra / grace period after the due date are usually available to overcome uploading difficulties. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
▪ Students are advised to study the whole text carefully.
▪ Try not to include any irrelevant material in the solution
▪ Try to come up with precise and original answers.
▪ Any act of plagiarism like copy paste from internet will result in ZERO marks. ▪ Assignments reaching after the due date would not be considered.
OTHER IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: DEADLINE:
• Make sure to upload the solution file before the due date on VULMS.
• Any submission made via email after the due date will not be accepted.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” or “Arial” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word format.
• You may also compose your assignment in Open Office format.
Use black and blue font colors only
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA reference style” in Google and read various website containing information for better understanding or visit http://linguistics.byu.edu/faculty/henrichsenl/apa/APA01.html
RULES FOR MARKING
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0), if:
• It is submitted after the due date.
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt.
• It is in any format other than MS-Word or Open Office; e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, PDF
• It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc.
LIKE VU ON FACEBOOK