Due Date: 21-11-2019
Assignment marks: 20
SEMESTER Fall 2019 Introduction to Sociology (SOC101)
Assignment No. 01
Upon completion of this assignment, students will be able to understand the different types of formal organizations existing in the society providing different services.
Keeping in mind the types of formal organizations you studied in this course, you are required to select one organization by its type utilitarian, normative and coercive. After selection of the organization against each row specify the name of organization, mission statement/objectives and details of services being provided by each organization in below table.
|Type of organization
||Name of selected organization
||Mission statement/objective of organization
||Services provided by selected organization
Name of selected organization: 1 mark for each
Mission statement/objectives of organization : 2 marks for each
Kind of services provided by selected organization: 3 marks for each References: 2 marks
Dear students you can take help form the web sources for this activity but remember to cite the references of selected organization. Reference citation carries 2 marks. In case of missing refences your marks will be deducted.
Only in the case of Assignment, 24 hours extra / grace period after the due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above-mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Please read the following instructions carefully before attempting the assignment solution.
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No assignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been uploaded by the instructor.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman”/ “Arial” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an analytical assignment.
• Give the answer according to question.
• For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but watch the video
lectures and use other reference books also.
Rules for Marking:
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if:
• It has been submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt
• It is in any format other than doc (MS. Word)
• It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc…