Bio201: Cell Biology
Assignment No. 1
Due Date: 28 May 2020
“Please prepare an audio introduction file through any available device. Preferably Sound recorder of the Windows”
• Total time of audio introduction will be 5 minutes.
o Course name and code (30 sec) (Very Important)
o Your Introduction (2 minutes)
o Your academic Background (1 minute)
o Views about course (1 minute)
o Expectations about the course (30 sec)
• This assignment carries 3 marks.
• Audio Introduction file should be uploaded on LMS not later than 28 May 2020
DO NOT send the assignment thorough email. Assignments submitted through email will result in no marks.
Instructions for audio recording through Sound recorder of the windows
• Open Windows Search
• Write “Sound recorder” in the search bar and click enter
• Select the program “Sound recorder” Open it and start recording.
• Save the file and send it through the LMS.
This assignment will help you to develop presentation skills and strengthen you to present yourself in front of audience.
Total Marks 15
Starting Date Friday, January 24, 2020
Closing Date Tuesday, January 28, 2020
Question Title Mitochondrial DNA
Graded Discussion Board
Cell Biology (BIO201)
This is to inform that Graded Discussion Board (GDB) No. 01 will be opened on January 24, 2020 for discussion and last date for posting your discussion will be January 28, 2020.
Topic/Area for Discussion
Significance of Mitochondrial DNA?
Why mitochondrial DNA is maternally inherited???
Not more than one page
For acquiring the relevant knowledge, do not rely only on handouts but also read additional material available online (Research Papers, Relevant Books etc.) or in any other mode.
Important Instructions:Your discussion must be based on logical facts. The GDB will open and close on above specified date and time. Please note that no grace day or extra time will be given for posting comments on GDB. Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”. Your answer should be relevant to the topic i.e. clear and concise. Do not copy or exchange your answer with other students. Identical /copied comments will be marked Zero (0) and may damage your grade in the course. Books, websites and other reading material may be consulted before posting your comments; but copying or reproducing the text from books, websites and other reading materials is strictly prohibited. Such comments will be marked as Zero (0) even if you provide references. You should post your answer on the Graded Discussion Board (GDB), not on the Moderated Discussion Board (MDB). Both will run parallel to each other during the time specified above. Therefore, due care will be needed. Obnoxious or ignoble answer should be strictly avoided. You cannot participate in the discussion after the due date via email. Questions / queries related to the content of the GDB, which may be posted by the students on MDB or via e-mail, will not be replied till the due date of GDB is over. For planning your semester activities in an organized manner, you are advised to view schedule of upcoming Assignments, Quizzes and GDBs in the overview tab of the course website on VU-LMS.
Note related to load shedding: Please be proactive
As you know that Post Mid-Term semester activities have started and load shedding problem is also prevailing in our country. Keeping in view the fact, you all are advised to post your activities as early as possible without waiting for the due date. For your convenience; activity schedule has already been uploaded on VULMS for the current semester, therefore no excuse will be entertained after due date of assignments, quizzes or GDBs.
Assignment No. 2
BIO201 – Cell Biology
Total Marks: 15
Due date: 23-01-2020
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before due date. No assignment will be accepted through e-mail after the due date.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
• Compose your document in MS-Word, any file created in any format will not be accepted and marked zero.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• To solve this assignment, you should have good command over lectures 66-76.
• This is not a group assignment, it is an individual assignment so be careful and avoid copying others’ work.
• Give the answer according to question in detail according to marks (Page limit is Minimum 3-5 Pages) and avoid irrelevant details.
Please note that your assignment will not be graded if:
• It is submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open
• The file you uploaded is copied from someone else or internet
• It is in some format other than .doc
• Cheating or copying/plagiarizing of assignment is strictly prohibited. The cheated or copied assignment (from internet or from any other student) will be marked as ‘Zero’.
Question No. 1
Give a brief comparison (both differences and similarities) of In-Vitro PCR Amplification & In-Vivo DNA Replication on account of principle, mechanism, types of enzymes and machinery used and significance/applications.
-------------------------------------------- GOOD LUCK!!! -----------------------------------------