Visual Programming (CS411)
Assignment # 01
Total marks = 20
9th December, 2021
Please carefully read the following instructions before attempting assignment.
RULES FOR MARKING
It should be clear that your assignment would not get any credit if:
• The assignment is submitted after the due date.
• The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt.
• Strict action will be taken if submitted solution is copied from any other student or from the internet.
• Lectures 1 to 6 are covered in this assignment(Marks 20)
No assignment will be accepted after the due date via email in any case (whether it is the case of load shedding or internet malfunctioning etc.). Hence refrain from uploading assignment in the last hour of deadline. It is recommended to upload solution file at least two days before its closing date.
If you people find any mistake or confusion in assignment (Question statement), please consult with your instructor before the deadline. After the deadline no queries will be entertained in this regard.
For any query, feel free to email at: [email protected]
You are required to create a C# Console application using Visual Studio.
Your code should be able to calculate price for sacrificial animals that can be goat, sheep and camel separately while using the concept of POLYMORPHISM.
• Your code should work in such a way that you need to create 3 classes, one parent class i.e. Animal and other three derived classes that will be goat, sheep and camel.
• The function that needs to be override would be of Price Calculation.
• So, your code should work in such a way that at first you should enter the last NUMERIC character of your vu id as a number of animals you want to buy. (Note: You should also check if the last numeric character of your vu id is zero then your code should increment it with 1 so in any case your code should atleast buy one animal). After that, you should be asked for the first five numeric characters of your VUID which will be later used as a rent. Rent will be included in the price of animal that we will hard code.
• Now you need to make a menu/options as shown in the screenshot below, which will ask you if you want to calculate price for the sheep then press 1, if you want to calculate price for goat press 2, if you want to calculate price for camel then press 3, OR if you want to quit simply press 0 (Note: Your Loop should break when user presses 0)
• Your loop should run exactly the same number of times as you have entered for the number of animals you want to buy i.e. last numeric character of your vu id.
• You can use hard-coded values for the price of sheep, goat and camel like 50,000, 80,000, 100,000 respectively.
• Formula to calculate price is: Total Price = rent+price (according to the animal selected)
• Your output should be exactly same as shown in the screenshot below.
DO REMEMBER that you must use your VUID as an input in this program.
Following Files Must be submitted in a single zip or rar file.
• .cs code file (file name should be your VUID)
• Screenshot of your output.
You are not required to submit the complete project, only copy required file from project folder.
If you do not submit any of the above-mentioned file you will be awarded Marks partially.
BT605 Assignment 2 Solution and Discussion
Assignment No. 2
BT605 – Biosafety & Bioethics
Total Marks: 10
Due date: 14-01-2020
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before due date. No assignment will be accepted through e-mail after the due date.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
• Compose your document in MS-Word, any file created in any other format will not be accepted and assigned zero mark.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• To solve this assignment, you should have good command over lectures 68-105.
• This is not a group assignment, it is an individual assignment so be careful and avoid copying others’ work
• Plagiarism of assignment file (MS Word) will be checked. There will be negative marking in case of plagiarism detected.
• Give the answer according to question only and avoid irrelevant details.
Please note that your assignment will not be graded if:
• It is submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open
• The file you uploaded is copied from someone else
• It is in format other than .doc
• Cheating or copying of assignment is strictly prohibited. The cheated or copied assignment will be marked ‘Zero’.
Question No. 1
Discuss the importance and applications of Biosafety. (1 X 10 =10)
In the Protocol ‘modern biotechnology’ is referred to as the application of fusion of cells beyond the taxonomic family (called ‘in vitro nucleic acid’ techniques) that overcome natural physiological reproductive or recombination barriers and are not techniques used in traditional breeding and selection. The term Living modified organism (LMO) is defined as the processing of any material that is of LMO origin, containing detectable novel combinations of replicable genetic material obtained through the use of modern biotechnology (for instance, flour from genetically modified maize). The LMOs intended for direct use as food or feed, or for processing are agricultural commodities from genetically modified crops (http://www.gmo-free-regions.org/glossary.html Accessed 26.11.16.). Although the Protocol did not use the term genetically modified organism, the LMO is almost equivalent to the GMO, which is any organism whose genetic material has been altered using genetic engineering techniques (i.e., a genetically engineered organism). A more popular name of the GMO is ‘transgenic organism’
Lucette Flandroy - Federal public Service Health, Food Chain Safety and Environment, DG Environment, Service of Multilateral and Strategic Affairs. Presently involved in Biodiversity and Biosafety issues, at national, European and international level. Concerning Biodiversity, mainly involved in biodiversity and health links, as a part of ecosystem services and their valuation, in the national Community of Practice related to this issue. Concerning Biosafety, mainly involved in application and evolution of legislations and international agreements concerning risk evaluation and management of GMOs and concerning the socio-economic considerations related to them. National focal point of the Cartagena Protocol.
Discuss the importance and applications of Biosafety
Biosafety is used to protect from harmful incidents. Many laboratories handling biohazards employ an ongoing risk management assessment and enforcement process for biosafety. Failures to follow such protocols can lead to increased risk of exposure to biohazards or pathogens.