The solution was required in the following manner.
PSY511 Assignment 2 Solution and Discussion
SEMESTER FALL 2019 ENVIRONMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY (511) ASSIGNMENT NO. 2
Developed By: Hussnain Mustafa Khalid
Due Date: 17th Jan 2020
This assignment has been designed to make students understand the concept of conformity and practically learn its implication.
Your task is to go through the topic of Conformity in detail and answer the following questions.
Case Type of Conformity (13) Explanation. (43)
Armeena always wear her shoes in her house but when she arrived at her friend’s house for a party, she saw that everyone is walking bare-footed in the house and they have left their shoes at
the entrance of the house, so she did the same.
Atif was asked to join a sitting whereby his favorite singer was present. Atif’s friends noticed that he agreed to whatever the singer was saying even on things which Atif usually do not agree to normally.
Sarmed was once caught by his beloved friend smoking a cigarette. His friend asked him to stop smoking. Sarmed extinguished the cigarette that he was smoking and he also did not smoke even when his friend was not present in his company.
Q2. Elaborate the concept of Minority Influence and give an example from your life. (5)
Note: Only in the case of Assignment, 24 hours extra / grace period after the due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above-mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Instructions to follow:
• Please record your answers in the given table otherwise your assignment will be graded as ZERO.
Please read the following instructions carefully before attempting the assignment solution.
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No assignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been uploaded by the instructor.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman”/ “Arial” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an analytical assignment.
• For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but watch the video
lectures, use other reference books and explore different web links.
Rules for Marking
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if:
• It has been submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt
• It is in any format other than doc (MS. Word)
• The given format has not been followed
• It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc.