Operating Systems (CS604)
Assignment # 02
Total marks = 15
14th June 2020
Please carefully read the following instructions before attempting assignment.
RULES FOR MARKING
It should be clear that your assignment would not get any credit if:
The assignment is submitted after the due date.
The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt.
Strict action will be taken if submitted solution is copied from any other student or from the internet.
You should consult the recommended books to clarify your concepts as handouts are not sufficient.
You are supposed to submit your assignment in .doc or docx format.
Any other formats like scan images, PDF, zip, rar, ppt and bmp etc will not be accepted.
• The objective of this assignment is to learn scheduling algorithm.
• To learn and understand different Operating System structure.
No assignment will be accepted after the due date via email in any case (whether it is the case of load shedding or internet malfunctioning etc.). Hence refrain from uploading assignment in the last hour of deadline. It is recommended to upload solution file at least two days before its closing date.
If you find any mistake or confusion in assignment (Question statement), please consult with your instructor before the deadline. After the deadline no queries will be entertained in this regard.
For any query, feel free to email at:
Question No 01 15 marks
Consider the following set of processes, with the CPU burst time given in milliseconds:
Process Burst Time
The processes are arrived in the order P1, P2, P3, P4, P5, all at time 0.
A. Draw Gantt chart showing the execution of these processes using FCFS and SJF scheduling.
B. Calculate the turnaround time of each process for FCFS scheduling algorithm as per part Calculation of part A?
C. Calculate the waiting time of each process for SJF scheduling algorithm as per calculation of Part A?
Wish you very Best of Luck!
ZOO503 Assignment 2 Solution and Discussion
Assignment No. 2
ZOO503 – Zoogeography and Paleontology
Total Marks: 10
Due date: 12-01-2020
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before due date. No assignment will be accepted through e-mail after the due date.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
• Compose your document in MS-Word, any file created in any format will not be accepted and marked zero.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Avoid to copy paste any pictures from internet.
• To solve this assignment, you should have good command over lectures 90-120.
• This is not a group assignment, it is an individual assignment so be careful and avoid copying others’ work
• Give the answer according to question only and avoid irrelevant details (Comprised of two pages).
Please note that your assignment will not be graded if:
• It is submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open
• The file you uploaded is copied from someone else
• It is in some format other than .doc
• Cheating or copying of assignment is strictly prohibited. The cheated or copied assignment will be marked ‘Zero’.
“Classification of mammals and the origin of Mammals” (10)