That’s great …
Microsoft Imagine Cup 2020
In Collaboration with
Higher Education Commission
Founded in 2003, Microsoft’s Imagine Cup is the company’s premier student technology and innovation competition. This year, Imagine Cup is live again in Pakistan in partnership with Higher Education Commission. It provides an opportunity for student technologists, developers and aspiring entrepreneurs from all academic backgrounds to collaborate, develop a technology application, and bring their passion to life while gaining a perspective of what is needed to bring a concept to market. In Imagine Cup, the brightest young minds join together to exemplify the power of student innovation. The winning team will take home the Imagine Cup trophy along with USD100,000 and a mentoring session with our CEO, Satya Nadella. Complete prizing information can be found below.
How Does Imagine Cup Work in Pakistan?
Students compete in teams of up to three people to develop an original technology project from start to finish—create an idea, make a plan, build the solution, and compete.
Students advance through various rounds of competition through in-person National Final events organized by Higher Education Commission & Microsoft in Pakistan. Thousands of entries are judged, and the top teams in each region (North, Center, South and Baluchistan) are selected to advance to the Regional Finals held in Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi and Quetta City, respectively. The top three teams from each Regional Final will be invited to the Imagine Cup National Competition in Islamabad, where they compete for the title of National Champion, and the selected team is advance to the EMEA Regional Finals held in Amsterdam. And the top two teams from EMEA Regional Final are awarded travel to the Imagine Cup World Championship in Seattle, where they compete for cash and the title of World Champion, while enjoying once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
What do you need to know?
- Global competition, all students 16 or older are encouraged to register for the competition.
- Students first compete in National Finals
- The top team from National Finals will receive a trip to the EMEA Regional Finals, Azure credits, and entry into Microsoft Ignite | The Tour
- Students are free to imagine any solutions they are passionate about but must include a Microsoft Azure component and take into consideration diversity, inclusion, and accessibility see official rules
- Top two teams from EMEA Regional Final will receive USD8,000, a trip to Seattle, and a spot in the World Championship
- The three runner-up teams from each World Regional Final will receive USD2,500
World Championship Prizing
- The 2020 competition is designed to inspire students to use their imaginations and passion to create innovative technology solutions.
- The following prizes will be given to the 2020 Imagine Cup World Champion:
- USD100,000, USD50,000 Azure credits, and a mentoring session with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella
You’re encouraged to register and submit your application/solution that you and your team of up to three
(3) students have built (either on your own time, through your coursework, as a participant in a student hackathon, your FYP etc.).
Deadline is to submit your entry before 23:59:59 GMT+5 on Sunday, 15 December 2019 for your chance to participate in the worldwide finals
For more details, see the Contest Rules.
Eligibility & Judging Criteria
Please take note of the important dates for 2020 Imagine Cup Pakistan:
- Registrations are open till 15th December 2019
- Pakistan Regional Finals are planned between 1st January 2020 & 10th January 2020 (Venue: TBD)
- Pakistan National Finals are planned between 11th January & 15th January 2020 (Venue: TBD)
- National Winners Announcement will be in February 2020
- EMEA Regional Finals will be held on March 10-12 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- World Championship in Seattle, USA. (Date: To be annoucned)
Published On: Wednesday, December 11, 2019
Register Today - 2020 Imagine Cup is Live Now
Imagine Cup is world’s leading premier competition organized by Higher Education Commission & Microsoft for HEIs in Pakistan. It provides an opportunity for student technologists, developers and aspiring entrepreneurs from all academic backgrounds to collaborate, develop a technology application, and bring their passion to life while gaining a perspective of what is needed to bring a concept to market. In Imagine Cup, the brightest young minds join together to exemplify the power of student innovation. Each year, a team is chosen from Pakistan that competes against the best from around the world, to get a chance to win $100,000 USD.
This year, Imagine Cup is live again and we encourage you to especially focus on getting your Students to go to Link and registering themselves, and their Semester/ Final Year Projects for a chance to compete in the Regional Finals which are planned to execute in Jan 2020. The submissions are open till 15th December 2019, and any student registered in your university can go and register him/herself, register a team and upload their project: there are no restrictions on the technology used in the software itself.
The deadline for project submission for the Regional Finals is 15th December 2019. Kindly reply this letter with details of the projects your university will submit on link provided to participate in 2020 Imagine Cup.
For further details, please visit .
Dream it. Build it. Live it. Check out the 2020 Imagine Cup resources to get all the details and register today.
CS301 Quiz 1 Solution and Discussion
CS301 – Data Structures5
UNSOLVED MTH404 Assignment 2 Solution and Discussion
MTH404 - Dynamics5
org.jetbrains.kotlin.util.KotlinFrontEndException: Exception while analyzing expression
SOLVED MTH304 Assignment 2 Solution and Discussion
MTH304 - Statics4
STAT408 Assignment 1 Solution and Discussion
STAT408 - Experimental Design Analysis4
SOLVED FIN725 GDB 1 Solution and Discussion
FIN725 - Credit & Risk Management3
SOLVED MGT713 GDB 1 Solution and Discussion
MGT713 - Production / Operations Management3
SOLVED MTH633 Assignment 1 Solution and Discussion
MTH633 - Group Theory3
SOLVED CS510 Assignment 2 Solution and Discussion
CS510 - Software Requirements and Specifications2
UNSOLVED BIF501 Assignment 1 Solution and Discussion
BIF501 - Bioinformatics II2
SOLVED BNK603 Assignment 1 Solution and Discussion
BNK603 - Consumer Banking2
SOLVED CS510 Assignment 1 Solution and Discussion
CS510 - Software Requirements and Specifications2
SOLVED MTH621 Assignment 1 Solution and Discussion
MTH621 - Real Analysis I2
UNSOLVED BNK601 Quiz 2 Solution and Discussion
BNK601 - Banking Laws & Practices2
MTH101 Assignment 1 Solution and Discussion
MTH101 - Calculus And Analytical Geometry1
SOLVED How to Netinstall RouterBoard/OS System
BIO734 Assignment 1 Solution and Discussion
BIO734 - Advances in Cell Biology1
BIF604 Assignment 1 Solution and Discussion
BIF604 - Special Topics in Bioinformatics1
UNSOLVED BIF601 Assignment 1 Solution and Discussion
BIF601 - Bioinformatics Computing I1
BIO731 Assignment 1 Solution and Discussion
BIO731 - Advanced Molecular Biology1