Please read the following instructions carefully before submitting this Hands-on Exercise:
• Use WordPress to prepare exercise solution.
• You may consult tutorials and videos if the concept is not clear.
• Your submitted exercise will not be considered/counted if:
It is submitted after due date.
It is not in the format of MS Word File (.doc,.docx)
It does not open, or file is corrupt.
It is copied (partial or full) from any source (websites, forums, students, etc.)
After completing this exercise, you shall be able to:
• Install and activate theme.
• Create pages.
• Create full traveling website
Hands-on Exercise No. 2
Total Marks: 10
Due Date: 19/09/2019
Mrs. Emily posted a job on freelancing platform to create a traveling website which will contain
three pages. First, create “home page”, use slider on top, add services and about section on home
page. The second page should be a “Gallery”, add images of different traveling places and add
little info about the place. Also add a logo.
Please perform these steps and take screenshots:
- Upload or install any theme on your WordPress website (It could be your existing or new
- Create a traveling website.
• Install and activate any theme you want to use for your website.
• Create three pages in the website and add those pages in menu bar (Home, About us and Gallery).
• Create all pages accurately. The Home Page and slider images should look
attractive. (add “Services” section on home page. You can also use dummy text.
• Add at least three posts in “Gallery page” and also add name of each place.
• Add content in “About us” page. You may add dummy content as well.
• Add logo on your website.
• Create fully developed travelling website.
• Also submit the link (URL) of your website.
MS word file (*.doc, *.docx) with following item:
- Complete screenshots of all the steps involved in above task.
- URL of website
How to take a Screenshot:
1- Click on “PrtScn” button, pen Microsoft Paint and click on the paste button and then save
2- You can install a screenshot software “Light Shot”. After installing, click on “PrtScn”
button to take the screenshot.
BEST OF LUCK
How to submit solution file on LMS?
Please perform the following steps for submitting your solution using LMS:
- Login to the LMS
- Click on the Exercises button within the My Activities section
- Click on the submit button to upload your Solution.
- Keep in mind to upload your Solution in .doc or .docx format