Re: BIO732 Assignment 1 Solution and Discussion
BIO732 – GENE MANIPULATION AND GENETIC ENGINEERING
Assignment No. 1
Due Date: May 26, 2020
The assignment is of 20 marks in total.
• You are suggested to read the recommended review paper and make a brief summary in
your own words.
• Read the entire article thoroughly and highlight or underline the major points.
• Write down any significant facts or interesting details in your own words.
• Do not simply “rephrase” exact statements by swapping a few words around.
• Instead, completely rewrite the information.
• Summarize the main point of each section in a single sentence.
• Then combine the main points of each section to prepare a nice summary of the
• Cheating/copying from any source will result in “F” grade in the course.
• No assignment will be accepted after the due date.
• DO NOT send the assignment thorough email. Assignments submitted through
• email will result in ZERO marks.
• If you have any question please contact: [email protected]
Fabian M. Arnold, Michael Hohl, Sille Remm, Hendrik Koliwer-Brandl, Sophia Adenau, Sasitorn Chusri, Peter Sander, Hubert Hilbi, and Markus A. Seeger. 2018. A uniform cloning platform for mycobacterial genetics and protein production. Scientific reports, 8: 9539.
(Paper is easily accessible through the link: and is also available in the downloads section of course website on LMS)
• Students should read this article and prepare one page summary in MS word file and
upload on your LMS well before deadline May 26, 2020.
This assignment will help you to develop research papers reading habit and enable you to
comprehend and analyze the scientific texts.