SOC603 Assignment 2 Solution and Discussion
Due Date: 27-01-2020
SEMESTER Fall 2019 Sociology of Development (SOC603)
Assignment No. 02
The Concept of Poverty
Assignment marks: 20
Upon completion of this assignment, students will be able to define the concept of poverty and understand the causes of poverty at national level.
Poverty is a relative term a condition that can only be defined by comparing the circumstances of one group of people or an entire economy with another one. There is a difference between poverty and absolute poverty. There are two predominant definitions of poverty.
• The subsistence concept of poverty
• Poverty as relative deprivation
Being a student of sociology of development you are required to define and explain the two predominant definitions of poverty with the help of real life examples. Also give the references.
Briefly explain any two major causes of poverty in Pakistan.
Q1: Marks: 10
Definition - 2 marks for each Explanation – 3 marks for each Q2: Marks: 8
Causes – 4 marks for each References – 2 marks
Note: Only in the case of Assignment, 24 hours extra / grace period after the due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Please read the following instructions carefully before attempting the assignment solution.
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No assignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been uploaded by the instructor.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman”/ “Arial” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an analytical assignment.
• Give the answer according to question.
• For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but watch the video
lectures and use other reference books also.
Rules for Marking
• • • •
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if:
It has been submitted after due date
The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt
It is in any format other than doc (MS. Word)
It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc…
please share idea