CS610 Assignment 3 solution and discussion
Assignment No. 03
Semester: Fall 2019
CS610 –Computer Networks Total Marks: 20
Due Date: Jan 20, 2020
To enhance the capabilities of students about:
• IP subnetting.
• Distribution of IP Address.
• Your assignment must be in .doc or .docx format. Any other formats like scan images, PDF, bmp,etc. will not be accepted.
• Save your assignment with your ID (e.g. BC020200786.doc).
• No assignment will be accepted through email before or after the deadline.
Rules for Marking:
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
• The assignment is submitted after due date.
• The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupted.
• Your assignment is copied from a web source, handouts or from any other student (Strict disciplinary action will be taken in this case).
Question # 1 [Marks: 12]
Suppose an organization has been assigned an IP address 172.30.80.0. The organization has 4 different departments (Support, HR, Academics and Admin) with 32, 46, 50 and 60 users respectively. The network administrator of the organization wants to create a separate subnet for each department. Considering the given scenario, answer the following questions.
- What will be the subnet address and broadcast address for each subnet?
- What will be the range of host addresses for each subnet?
- Support department is temporarily dissolved but IP addresses are reserved. So, in final answer you must show the Subnet address, Range of host addresses and broadcast address of HR, Academics and Admin.
You should provide your answer in the following format:
Subnet Subnet Address Range of host addresses Broadcast Address HR Academics Admin
Question # 2 [Marks: 8]
What will be the Network address with respect to each of the following IP and corresponding subnet masks?
IP Address Subnet Mask Network Address 192.168.40.41 255.255.255.252 126.96.36.199 255.255.255.128 188.8.131.52 255.255.224.0 10.10.10.10 255.252.0.0
Deadline: Your assignment must be uploaded/submitted on or before 16th Jan 2020.