The principle of professionalism is a standard of personal conduct by a professional in his business dealings. While guidelines for acceptable and expected behavior vary from industry to industry, personal principles typically focus on ethics, code of conduct, appropriate personal interactions and workplace integrity.
MGT503 GDB 1 Solution and Discussion
Total Marks 5
Starting Date Monday, January 13, 2020
Closing Date Friday, January 17, 2020
Question Title Decision Making Styles
The basic objective of this discussion is to familiarize students with different decision making styles.
After participating in this GDB;
Student will learn regarding application of appropriate decision making style at workplace.
Ms. Sana is responsible for the management of daily activities on the production floor in a textile firm. In order to keep the workflow smooth and steady, she takes all the decisions related to employee’s daily production-related assignments. She independently analyzes production schedules on a regular basis and decides about changing defective machines which disrupts the production process. She posts clear instructions regarding employee’s assignments on the department’s notice board leading employees to perform their tasks perfectly.
In WinSum Textile Company, the new CEO called a meeting with the Board of Directors. In the meeting, they discussed the possible Joint Ventures with other companies. Many aspects of joint ventures came under discussion but still, it requires more consultative sessions and time for a final decision.
Point of Discussion:
In your opinion, which decision-making styles are used in Case A and B? Justify your answer with two logical reasons for each case.
Maximum Word Limit:100 words
Keep you discussion with the mentioned scenario and irrelevant answers and material will not be graded.
Be careful from those blogs who are promoting cheating culture among our students and killing their creativity and critical thinking. Answers copied from such blogs will be straightaway marked as zero. Similarly any relevant or irrelevant material copied from internet sources will get the same treatment. It can seriously damage your grades.
For acquiring the relevant knowledge, do not rely only on handouts but also watch the course video lectures and read additional material available online or in any other mode.
· Your discussion must be based on logical facts.
· The GDB will open and close on above specified date and time. Please note that no grace day or extra time will be given for posting comments on GDB.
· Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
· Your answer should be relevant to the topic i.e. clear and concise.
· Do not copy or exchange your answer with other students. Two identical / copied comments will be marked Zero (0) and may damage your grade in the course.
· Books, websites and other reading material may be consulted before posting your comments; but copying or reproducing the text from books, websites and other reading materials is strictly prohibited. Such comments will be marked as Zero (0) even if you provide references.
· You should post your answer on the Graded Discussion Board (GDB), not on the Moderated Discussion Board (MDB). Both will run parallel to each other during the time specified above. Therefore, due care will be needed.
· Obnoxious or ignoble answer should be strictly avoided.
· You cannot participate in the discussion after the due date via email.
· Questions / queries related to the content of the GDB, which may be posted by the students on MDB or via e-mail, will not be replied till the due date of GDB is over.
· For planning your semester activities in an organized manner, you are advised to view schedule of upcoming Assignments, Quizzes and GDBs in the overview tab of the course website on VU-LMS.