Assignment No. 2
Total Marks: 20
• Upload your assignments in a proper format, i.e. MS word file. Corrupt files will be awarded zero marks.
• The assignments should be zoomed in at 100%.
• Please avoid plagiarism; plagiarized work will be marked zero.
• After the due date, the assignments submitted via email would not be entertained.
• Please avoid submitting copied assignments; otherwise, such a case would be referred to the discipline committee.
• The font color should be preferably black and font size 12 Times New Roman.
Q1. “Learning styles” refer to the notion that every student learns differently. An individual’s learning style can also be defined as the preferential way in which the student processes, comprehends and retains information. Write a brief overview of various learning styles along with an analysis of your own preferred learning style. (7+3=10Marks)
Q2. According to Chomsky (1981), children are born with the knowledge of the parameters and their possible settings. While Bickerton concludes that children have an innate grammar, which in the absence of proper environmental input serves as the child’s language system. Explain in detail the Bickerton’s language bio program and the different views of parameter settings. (5+5=10Marks)
Total Marks 5
Starting Date Thursday, August 01, 2019
Closing Date Monday, August 05, 2019
Question Title GDB-ENG511
Graded Discussion Board for Psycholinguistics ENG511 will be opened from 01-08-2019 to 05-08-2019.
The topics for the GDB are:
Psycholinguistics is a branch of linguistics that also combines psychology. How and why?OR
Adults and children have different ability to acquire their second language. Elaborate.
Write your own views about ANY ONE of the above given topics. Your comments should NOT exceed 150-200 words.
Read the following instructions carefully before posting your comments:
GDB carries 3% weightage in your final assessment.
Your comments should be clear, concise, and relevant to the topic.
Creative and original ideas written in correct English will be highly appreciated.
Any queries related to Graded Discussion Board (GDB) will not be entertained on the regular MDB.
For questions or queries related to the topic, you may send email to [email protected].
Do not send your comments via e-mail or regular MDB. The comments posted on the regular MDB will not be graded.
Do not post your comments twice.
No marks will be awarded for plagiarism.
All the best