Camera basics, principles and practices MCD 401
Department of Mass Communication
Virtual University of Pakistan SEMESTER FALL 2019
ASSIGNMENT NO. 2 MARKS: 15
Factors of Photography
• To provide students with an opportunity to learn the common elements in professional photography practices.
One of the great attractions of photography is that it blends both art and science. The artistic and creative side is definitely the most important aspect. But at the same time, your photography will not be perfect until you understand the basic factors that help into creating a high-quality photograph. Most of the important types of factors are as following:
• Shutter Speed
From the above mentioned factors, you are required to explain any 5 types which you think are the most important keys towards creating a good quality picture.
• Students will learn to create the mood of higher quality photos.
• Note: Copied material will be graded “Zero”.
Opening Date and Time January 03, 2020 At 12:01 A.M. (Mid-Night)
Due Date and Time January 09, 2020 At 11:59 P.M. (Mid-Night)
Note: Only in the case of Assignment, 24 Hrs extra / grace period after the above mentioned due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Please read the following instructions carefully before attempting the assignment solution.
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No assignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been uploaded by the instructor.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word 2003.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA reference style” in Google and read various website containing information for better understanding or visit http://linguistics.byu.edu/faculty/henrichsenl/apa/APA01.html
• Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an analytical assignment.
• Give the answer according to question, there will be negative marking for irrelevant material.
• For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but watch the video lectures and use other reference books also.
Rules for Marking:
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if:
• It has been submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt