Assignment No. 03
Semester: Fall 2019
CS310: Open Source Web Application Development Total Marks: 20
Due Date: January 15, 2020
Topics Covered: Topics of Week 6 to 10
Please read the following instructions carefully before submitting assignment. It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
The assignment is submitted after due date.
The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt.
Assignment is copied (partial or full) from any source (websites, forums, students, etc.)
Note: You have to upload your assignment solution only in .doc or .docx format only. File submitted other than Microsoft Word format will get zero marks.
The objective of this assignment is to provide hands on experience of:
• Installing and configuring MySQL
• Database and table creation
• Inserting data into database (tables)
Tools to use:
XAMP / WAMP / Vertrigo server
For any query about the assignment, contact at [email protected]
Suppose you are working as a web developer in a financial institute. A task is given to you is take the data of sale and save into a table into a database.
|Column Name||Data Type|
To solve this assignment, you need to perform following steps with the help of PHP code.
• Connect to MySQL server.
• Create a database, the name of database should be your VU-ID.
• Create table “Sales” into database. Structure of table is given above.
• Insert sample data into “Sales” table. Sample data is given above.
• Take screen shot of data base from MySQL and paste into solution file.
What you have to submit?
You have to copy/paste following into your solution file then upload solution file from your LMS account.
• PHP code which will create database, table and save sample database into table.
• Screen shot of “Sales” table from MySql using phpMyAdmin tool.
Best of Luck!