GSC201 Assignment 1 Solution and Discussion
Teaching of General Science (GSC201)
Assignment I (Fall 2019)
Total Marks: 20
• Late assignments will not be accepted.
• If the file is corrupt or problematic, it will be marked zero.
• Plagiarism will never be tolerated. Plagiarism occurs when a student uses work done by someone else as if it was his or her own; however, taking the ideas from different sources and expressing them in your own words will be encouraged.
• No assignment will be accepted via e-mail.
• The solution file should be in Word document format; the font color should be preferably black and font size should be 12 Times New Roman.
• The assignment must not be copied and pasted from the handout.
- Relate the scientific phenomena with the daily life. Illustrate with authentic examples? (6+4)
- Prepare a Lesson plan for 4th graders to teach a topic of general science and select your topic which you can teach by using Inquiry based teaching approach (IBTA). Lesson Plan without teaching methodology IBTA will not be admissible. (10)
Question one Requirements
- Relate the scientific phenomena with the daily life. (6)
- Illustrate with authentic examples. (4)
Questions two Requirements
Follow the lesson plan format given below: (10)
- Grade level
- Instructional objectives (use an action verb in a description of a measurable outcome)
- Rationale (brief justification – why you feel the students need to learn this topic)
- Resources (what you will need in order to teach this lesson)
a. Focusing event (something to get the students’ attention)
b. Teaching procedures (methods you will use)
c. Formative check (progress checks throughout the lesson)
d. Student Participation (how you will get the students to
e. Closure (how you will end the lesson)
- Assignment or Homework
- Time allotted
Maryam Zain last edited by
solution hai ksi ky pas gsc201 assignment ka ??