Bt601 – Virology
• As part of your course grading, you are required to submit an review article during this semester.
• This exercise is meant to inculcate research temperament and skills by carrying out a in-depth study of given research topic relevant to the course, and to make you familiarize with different online available data resources.
• Write a review article on the following topic.
Topic- Role of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technology in Clinical Virology
Following are the details of academic research paper/review paper assignment: requirements, deadlines and marks.
For any question please contact [email protected]
Review Article Requirements:
Following are the requirements for the review article:
a) Paper Length
Your article should have substantial materials and should be 3-4 pages and no diagram/image and minimum 20 research article should be reviewed.
Review article may have following sections:
Abstract, Introduction, Related work, conclusion and References. You must have to followed “APA” format for references.
The format is also given for your convenience “APA FORMAT”
- Panicz, R., Sadowski, J., & Drozd, R. (2012). Genetic and structural characterization of the growth hormone gene and protein from tench, Tinca tinca. Fish physiology and biochemistry, 38(6), 1645-1653.
- Johnston, I. A., Bower, N. I., & Macqueen, D. J. (2011). Growth and the regulation of myotomal muscle mass in teleost fish. Journal of Experimental Biology, 214(10), 1617-1628.
You must have to study published research papers (minimum 20). The references of published research papers and books are allowed. Any unauthorized materials’ references will not be acceptable.
You can access Research Papers on your VULMS account using link [HEC Digital Library], Google Scholar and other online free research paper repositories (Some Journals of Genetics: Infection, Genetics and Evolution, Virus gene, Virology Journal, Journal of Genetics & Genomics, Genome Biology & Evolution Journal, Journal of Genomics, etc.).
Submission and Deadlines
Students are required to finalize and submit their review article by January 10, 2020
Warning: Write in your own words, do not copy-paste. Plagiarism is not acceptable. In case of plagiarism, you will be awarded ZERO marks. No excuse will be accepted in this regard. For further understanding about plagiarism, please follow the links:
Little Book of Plagiarism
HEC Policy about plagiarism.
For further information and guidelines on writing a research paper, please follow the link: Guidelines and Requirements for Writing a Research Paper