BIO734 – Advances in Cell Biology
• As part of your course grading, you are required to submit a review article during the semester.
• This exercise is meant to inculcate in you the research temperament and skills by carrying out a deep study of any research topic/area relevant to this course.
• Write a review article on
“Recent Advances in Stem Cell Research”
Following are the details of academic research paper/review paper: requirements, deadlines and marks.
For any question please contact [email protected]
Review Paper Requirements:
Following are the requirements for the academic research paper:
a) Paper Length
Your paper should not be less than 6 pages and not more than 12 pages.
b) Quality of Writing
The clarity and style of expression, the degree to which your paper obeys the rules to
formal academic grammar, punctuation, spelling, formatting details like paragraph indentation and location of page breaks, are part of quality of writing. Write and edit your review carefully for good organization, clear language with good spelling, punctuation, etc.
• Your academic review paper must have these sections: Abstract, Introduction, Related work in written and tabular form, discussion and Conclusion. You must have to follow format (especially of writing references in the text and at end of research paper under the title of ‘References’) as described by “Nanotechnology” of IOPScience Group strictly. The format is available at this link (https://publishingsupport.iopscience.iop.org/authoring-for-journals/) under the heading of “Author guidelines for IOP journals”.
• The pattern of references can be accessed at http://www.tandfonline.com/action/authorSubmission?journalCode=tjbd20&page=instructions#References. Please click on reference guide under the heading of references, when preparing your paper.
• Use only 1.5 line spacing in the text.
• No academic research paper will be accepted without mentioned format.
You must have to study published research papers (minimum 20). The references of published research papers and books are allowed. Any unauthorized materials’ references will not be acceptable.
Submission and Deadlines
Students are required to finalize and submit their academic research paper/review paper by 10 December 2019.
• The assignment is of 50 marks.
As the review article carries 20% of the total course grade, therefore it must contain implementation results of the proposed research idea. Similarly, in case of a review paper the “Discussion” section must contain student’s comments/conclusions and future research agenda regarding the domain being reviewed.
Warning: Write in your own words, do not copy-paste. Plagiarism is not acceptable. In case plagiarism is found, you will be awarded ZERO marks. No excuse will be accepted in this regard. For further understanding about plagiarism, please follow the links:
Little Book of Plagiarism
HEC Policy about plagiarism.
For further information and guidelines on writing a research paper, please follow the link: Guidelines and Requirements for Writing a Research Paper
• The assignment no 2 of your course will be based on this assignment so students who fail to submit this assignment will automatically get Zero Marks in second assignment.