Assignment # 2 MTH 7123
Maximum Marks: 10
Due Date: December 4, 2019
Please read the following instructions before attempting the solution of this assignment:
• To solve this assignment, you should have good command over lecture # 12-17
• Try to get the concepts, consolidate your concepts and ideas from these questions which you learn in these lectures. You should concern the recommended books for clarification of concepts.
• Upload assignments properly through LMS. No Assignment will be accepted through email.
• Write your ID on the top of your solution file.
• Do not use colored backgrounds in your solution files.
• Use Math Type or Equation Editor etc. for mathematical symbols and equations.
• You should remember that if we found the solution files of some students are same then we will reward zero marks to all those students. Therefore, try to make solution by yourself and protect your work from other students, otherwise you and the student who send same solution file as you will be given zero marks.
• Avoid copying the solution from book (or internet); you must solve the assignment yourself.
• Also remember that you are supposed to submit your assignment in Word format any other like scan images, HTML etc. will not be accepted and we will give zero marks correspond to these assignments.
Question: 1 Marks: 8+2
Consider the following steady, two dimensional velocity field:
V = (u, v) = y2 i + (1+y2) j
a) Generate an analytical expression for the flow streamlines
b) Draw several streamlines from x = -4 to 4 and y = -4 to 4.
You may use the link to plot the streamlines.