Operating Systems (CS604)
Assignment # 02
Total marks = 15
14th June 2020
Please carefully read the following instructions before attempting assignment.
RULES FOR MARKING
It should be clear that your assignment would not get any credit if:
The assignment is submitted after the due date.
The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt.
Strict action will be taken if submitted solution is copied from any other student or from the internet.
You should consult the recommended books to clarify your concepts as handouts are not sufficient.
You are supposed to submit your assignment in .doc or docx format.
Any other formats like scan images, PDF, zip, rar, ppt and bmp etc will not be accepted.
• The objective of this assignment is to learn scheduling algorithm.
• To learn and understand different Operating System structure.
No assignment will be accepted after the due date via email in any case (whether it is the case of load shedding or internet malfunctioning etc.). Hence refrain from uploading assignment in the last hour of deadline. It is recommended to upload solution file at least two days before its closing date.
If you find any mistake or confusion in assignment (Question statement), please consult with your instructor before the deadline. After the deadline no queries will be entertained in this regard.
For any query, feel free to email at:
Question No 01 15 marks
Consider the following set of processes, with the CPU burst time given in milliseconds:
Process Burst Time
The processes are arrived in the order P1, P2, P3, P4, P5, all at time 0.
A. Draw Gantt chart showing the execution of these processes using FCFS and SJF scheduling.
B. Calculate the turnaround time of each process for FCFS scheduling algorithm as per part Calculation of part A?
C. Calculate the waiting time of each process for SJF scheduling algorithm as per calculation of Part A?
Wish you very Best of Luck!
UNSOLVED MTH7123 Assignment 2 Solution and Discussion
Assignment # 2 MTH 7123
Maximum Marks: 10
Due Date: December 4, 2019
Please read the following instructions before attempting the solution of this assignment:
• To solve this assignment, you should have good command over lecture # 12-17
• Try to get the concepts, consolidate your concepts and ideas from these questions which you learn in these lectures. You should concern the recommended books for clarification of concepts.
• Upload assignments properly through LMS. No Assignment will be accepted through email.
• Write your ID on the top of your solution file.
• Do not use colored backgrounds in your solution files.
• Use Math Type or Equation Editor etc. for mathematical symbols and equations.
• You should remember that if we found the solution files of some students are same then we will reward zero marks to all those students. Therefore, try to make solution by yourself and protect your work from other students, otherwise you and the student who send same solution file as you will be given zero marks.
• Avoid copying the solution from book (or internet); you must solve the assignment yourself.
• Also remember that you are supposed to submit your assignment in Word format any other like scan images, HTML etc. will not be accepted and we will give zero marks correspond to these assignments.
Question: 1 Marks: 8+2
Consider the following steady, two dimensional velocity field:
V = (u, v) = y2 i + (1+y2) j
a) Generate an analytical expression for the flow streamlines
b) Draw several streamlines from x = -4 to 4 and y = -4 to 4.
You may use the link to plot the streamlines.