Assignment No. 02 Semester Spring 2019
CS508- Modern Programming Languages
Total Marks: 20
Due Date: May 31, 2019
Please read the following instructions carefully before solving & submitting assignment:
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
• The assignment is submitted after due date.
• The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt.
• The assignment is completely or partially copied from (other student or ditto copied from handouts or internet).
• Student ID is not mentioned in the assignment File or name of file is other than student ID.
• The assignment is not submitted in .rar format.
Your submission must include:
• Assignment should be in .rar format.
• Save your assignment with your ID (e.g. bx180200786.rar).
Assignment submission through email is NOT acceptable
The objective of this assignment is to give hands on practice on Ada programming language.
Lectures Covered: This assignment covers Lecture # 13 – 15
Your assignment must be uploaded/submitted at or before May 31, 2019.
You are required to create an Ada Console Program using GNAT.
Create an Ada program which will take Student Name, Student ID and CGPA then store it in file named studentdata.txt.
Ask the user to input name, id and CGPA one by one, and then write it in the file. Existing data must not be overwritten by current data, to accomplish this you can first read the file and store all the existing data and later on combine new and existing data and write into the file or you can use other methods to embed the new text.
• If file does not already exist then program must create new file.
• You need to record a gif file to show the working of your program.
• Do insert data of 2 students to show the proper working i.e. the data is not being overwritten.
Make sure to write your id on top of the program otherwise your assignment will not be accepted.
Output.gif has been attached with this Assignment file please observe this file carefully your program’s output must be like this output file.
Following Files Must be submitted in a single zip or rar file.
• Code file(s)
• A .gif file which shows working of your Application(For Recording .gif a software named Screentogif is uploaded on LMS, or you can use any other gif recording tool as well)
You are not required to submit the complete project, only copy these files from project folder. Please note if you submit doc or txt file you will be awarded 0 marks. Make sure to write your own VU ID in the assignment file(s) otherwise assignment will not be accepted.
If you do not submit any of the above mentioned file 50% marks per file will be deducted.