Assignment No. 02
Semester: Fall 2019
CS432 –Network modeling and simulation Total Marks: 20
Due Date: 5thDecember, 2019
• To enhance the capabilities of network topologies on the network.
• To calculate the latency and jitter of the network.
• Your assignment must be in .doc format (Any other formats like scan images, PDF, bmp etc will not be accepted).
• Save your assignment with your ID (e.g. bc020200786.doc).
• No assignment will be accepted through email.
Rules for Marking:
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
• The assignment is submitted after due date.
• The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupted.
• Your assignment is copied from internet, handouts or from any other student
(Strict disciplinary action will be taken in this case).
Question No. 1 [Marks: 5]
Following network shows the data transmission between LAN1 host and LAN2 Host. Number of packets is sent from LAN1 to LAN2. You are required to calculate the Latency and Jitter during the data transmission.
Values should be given in the following table with complete calculation (formula and answers).
Also write down the main difference between latency and jitter.
||Time AT Point A
||Time AT Point B
||TA1= 3 sec
||TB2= 6 sec
||TA2 = 7 sec
||TB2 = 12 sec
||TA3 = 15 sec
||TB3 = 22 sec
Question No. 2 [Marks: 5]
Suppose a university has a ‘Research center” network that is comprised of the main departments of the university. Answer the following questions by considering the topology of the given network.
What is the total data rate of the network?
Which application is generating the maximum load per user in Management department?
Which application is generating the minimum load per user in Computer Science department?
Which department is consuming maximum network bandwidth and why?
Question No. 3 [Marks: 5]
Suppose the utilization of a system is 45% then what will be the queue depth?
Question No. 4 [Marks: 5]
What are the steps required in step-wise approach to measure the downtime cost of the system? Discuss them.
Deadline: Your assignment must be uploaded/submitted on or before 5th December, 2019.