Assignment No. 02
Semester: Fall 2019
CS611 – Software Quality Engineering Total Marks: 20
• To know about importance of software requirements
To know about Cost vs Quality
• Uploading instructions:
• Your assignment must be in .doc or .docx format (Any other formats like scan images, PDF, bmp, etc will not be accepted).
• Save your assignment with your ID (e.g. bc020200786.doc).
• No assignment will be accepted through email.
Rules for Marking:
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
• The assignment is submitted after due date.
• The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupted.
• Your assignment is copied from internet, or from any other student
(Strict disciplinary action will be taken in this case).
Question-I Marks: 15
Assume that you are working as software quality engineer in a software company named, ABC.inc. You are required to answer the following questions as per your experience in the software company.
Question - II: Marks: 5
Name the two representation of CMMI mode? Also describe the main difference between two levels of CMMI mode.
Name the goals which we try to achieve in requirement management?
q Requirements engineering is comprised of two major tasks: … or achieve an objective and that must be met or possessed by a … requirement? • For example, does a requirement to list names in … Constraints are I/O device capability, system representations, etc. … Developers try to tell us how to do our jobs. Users want …link text
While collecting requirements in requirement management process area what should be the main motivation behind software requirement management process?
development process and it explores the requirements of … methods for requirement gathering in large web projects … The basic concern of a software system … results will be analyzed and documented and final contribution in the area will be … Requirement management is used to identify, organize and track the entire …link text
What is the main objective of software verification and validation?
Objectives of Verification:
• Check whether the software conforms to specifications
• Systematic way to evaluate quality of process used to produce a quality product
• Predicts and prevents the occurrence of issues, bugs or defects in the application or product
• Does not involve executing the code
• Verification methods - Inspections, Reviews, Walkthroughs, Audits etc
• Falls under the category of Quality Assurance
Objectives of Validation:
• Check whether software meets the customer expectations and requirements
• Testing of actual product or application
• Detects, corrects and reports the bugs or defects in the application
• Involves executing the code
• Validation methods - functional testing, regression testing, system testing, system integration testing, User Acceptance testing, Non-functional testing etc
• Falls under the category of Quality Control