Elementary English (Eng001)
Assignment No. 1
Total Marks: 20
• Upload your assignments in a proper format, i.e. MS word file. Corrupt files will be awarded zero marks.
• The assignments should be zoomed in at 100%.
• Please avoid plagiarism; plagiarized work will be marked zero.
• After the due date, the assignments submitted via email would not be entertained.
• Please avoid submitting copied assignments; otherwise, such a case would be referred to the discipline committee.
• The font color should be preferably black and font size 12 Times New Roman.
Q1. Choose the correct answer from the given options for each of the following. (5*2=10 Marks)
Which one of the following is an easy way to organize information?
(d) Search engine
The word ‘brunch’ belongs to which category of word formation?
Which one of the following serves as a writer’s language tool?
An encyclopedic dictionary contains which type(s) of information?
© Geographical and biographical
(d) Geographical and demographical
Which one of the following discovery helped to unlock many ancient languages in 1799?
(a) Modern dictionary
(b) Noah Webster
© Rosetta Stone
(d) The Library of Congress
Q2. Clustering involves the grouping of similar objects into a set known as a cluster. ‘Museum’ is your topic. Pick up the words or phrases related to the given topic and put them in the circles. (2*5= 10 Marks)
Sculptures, Brook, Furlough, Historical objects, Gridlock, Cultural heritage, Art gallery, Dormitory, Place of exhibition