Assignment No. 02
SEMESTER Fall 2019
CS502- Fundamentals of Algorithms
Total Marks: 20
Due Date: 27/11/2019
Please read the following instructions carefully before solving & submitting assignment:
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
• The assignment is submitted after due date.
• The submitted assignment does not open or file corrupt.
• The assignment is full or partially copied from (other student or ditto copy from handouts or internet).
• Student ID is not mentioned in the assignment File or name of file is other than student ID.
• The assignment is not submitted in .doc or .docx format.
Your submission must include:
• Assignment should be in .doc or .docx format.
• Save your assignment with your ID (e.g. bx180200786.doc).
Assignment submission through email is NOT acceptable
The objective of this assignment is
• To give basic knowledge and understanding of Algorithms.
• To be able to design sorting algorithms.
• To be able to understand and calculate the complexity of algorithms.
Your answer must follow the below given specifications.
• Font style: “Times New Roman”
• Font color: “Black”
• Font size: “12”
• Bold for heading only.
• Font in Italic is not allowed at all.
• No formatting or bullets are allowed to use.
• Your answer should be precise and to the point, avoid irrelevant detail.
Lectures Covered: This assignment covers Lecture # 09 - 14
Your assignment must be uploaded/submitted at or before 27/11/2019.
Consider the given diagram having an unsorted array and its sorting procedure through dry run. You are required to answer the following questions.
Question No 01: (Marks: 5)
You are required to determine (write down the name) the algorithm being used while sorting the above given array.
Question No 02: (Marks: 7)
You are required to design (write) the algorithm (Only Pseudo code) determined in Question 1.
Question No 03: (Marks: 8)
You are required to calculate (Step by Step) the worst case time complexity T(n) of the algorithm designed in Question No. 02.
For any query about the assignment, contact at [email protected]