Assignment 1(Fall 2019)
Circuit Theory (Phy301)
Due Date: Nov 15, 2019
DON’T miss these important instructions:
• To solve this assignment, you should have good command over first 7 lectures.
• Upload assignments properly through LMS, (No Assignment will be accepted through email).
• Write your ID on the top of your solution file.
• All students are directed to use the font and style of text as is used in this document.
• Don’t use colorful back grounds in your solution files.
• Use Math Type or Equation Editor etc for mathematical symbols.
• No excuse will be accepted by anyone if found to be copying or letting others copy.
• Don’t wait for the last date to submit your assignment.
• You can draw circuit diagrams in “Paint” in “Corel Draw” or in “circuit maker”. The simple and easy way is to copy the given image in Paint and do the required changes in it.
Find the equivalent resistance (Req) of given circuit network across voltage source. Draw and label the circuit diagram of each step, otherwise you will lose your marks.
A 12V battery is connected to a circuit containing 2 resistors and a fan having 2Ω resistance.
- Calculate the source current Is.
- Determine the voltages V1, V2, and V3.
- Calculate the power dissipated by each resistor.
- Determine the power delivered by the source, and compare it to the sum of the power levels of part (4)