Developed by: Jawad Hassan
Entrepreneurship (MGT602) Fall 2019
Due Date: 15 November, 2019. Total Marks: 10
Leaning objectives: To make students explain different start-up types.
Learning Outcome: Students will comprehend specific needs for different startup types. Background:
An entrepreneur is an enthusiastic and motivated individual and it needs him to visualize economic goals correctly at the beginning of a business journey. Therefore he must carefully select the type and timing of the business. In other words he or she must strategically seize a business opportunity. Hence, the selection of a startup is critical and it is favorably linked to the entrepreneurial attributes and their potential capitalization. An entrepreneur can either have a Foundation Company, Lifestyle Firm or a Gazelle/High Potential Venture for a startup option.
Miss Fatima, a fashion designing graduate, is working in research and development department section of a famous female outfit brand. Her job is to think of innovative ideas and develop unique products related to fashion industry and maintain cutting edge distinctive advantage of the firm in the market. Amid economic crunch of the country, the company is being forced to downsize its HR thus creating a vibe of job insecurity among its employees. In these conditions Fatima is intended to prepare plan B to bear the worst case scenario and start her own business in case of her job layoff from the company.
Being a student of entrepreneurship you need to give answers to the following questions. Question: What type of startup is most suitable for Fatima complying with her personal
attributes? Provide 3 Logical arguments to support your selected startup type. Marks: 1 (Type of the startup) + 9 (Three logic comments)
24 hours extra / grace period after the due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience
2. Write precise and to the point answer and avoid un-necessary details.
- Read the content given on Page No. 8 in lecture No. 3 of the handouts to grab the concept of
“Different types of business start-ups”
• Make sure to upload the solution file before the due date on VULMS.
• Any submission made via email after the due date will not be accepted.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” or “Arial” and font size “12”. • It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word format.
• You may also compose your assignment in Open Office format.
• Use black and blue font colors only. RULES FOR MARKING
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0), if:
• It is submitted after the due date.
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt.
• It is in any format other than MS-Word or Open Office; e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, PDF etc. It is
cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc.
NOTE RELATED TO LOAD SHEDDING: PLEASE BE PROACTIVE
As you know that Pre Mid-Term semester activities have been started and load shedding problem is also prevailing in our country. Keeping in view the fact, you all are advised to post your activities as early as possible without waiting for the due date. For your convenience; activity schedule has already been uploaded on VULMS for the current semester, therefore no excuse will be entertained after due date of assignments, quizzes or GDBs.