Assignment No. 01
SEMESTER Fall 2019
CS403- Database Management System
Total Marks: 20
Due Date: 13/11/2019
Please read the following instructions carefully before solving & submitting assignment:
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
• The assignment is submitted after due date.
• The submitted assignment does not open or file corrupt.
• The assignment is full or partially copied from (other student or ditto copy from handouts or internet).
• The assignment is not submitted in .doc or .docx format.
Your submission must include:
• Assignment should be in .doc or .docx format.
• Save your assignment with your ID (e.g. bx020200786.doc).
• Assignment submission through email is NOT acceptable
The objective of this assignment is
• To give basic knowledge and understanding of Database.
• To be able to understand Conceptual Database Design.
Your answer must follow the below given specifications.
• Font style: “Times New Roman”
• Font color: “Black”
• Font size: “12”
• Bold for heading only.
• Font in Italic is not allowed at all.
• No formatting or bullets are allowed to use.
• Your answer should be precise and to the point, avoid irrelevant detail.
Lectures Covered: This assignment covers Lecture # 01 - 08
Your assignment must be uploaded/submitted on or before 13/11/2019.
Suppose a water filtration company “ABC” wants to develop a database system for his business flow. This database system will manage its customers, employees, stocks and sales area details. Database system will manage the different sales areas for delivery, defined by the company upon customer request. Customers can place the delivery request at least one day before. The Manager can check the customer order request and generate the bill/voucher accordingly. The salesman will deliver the order to the customer. The customer will pay the dues. After delivery, salesman can also update the order status. Customers can give their feedback about water quality and delivery system. Company will give special discounts and water dispensers to their special customers, and these special facilities depend on the usage of water bottles. Company also wants to keep track of their delivered bottles details.
• Draw the context level diagram.
• Identify Entities, their attributes, relationships among entities in above scenario and draw Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) for it.
Note: You are required to submit Context level diagram and ERD as your solution only.
For any query about the assignment, contact at [email protected]