Please read the following instructions carefully before submitting this Hands-on Exercise:
• Use WordPress to prepare exercise solution.
• You may consult tutorials and videos if the concept is not clear.
• Your submitted exercise will not be considered/counted if:
▪ It is submitted after due date.
▪ It is not in the format of MS Word File (.doc,.docx)
▪ It does not open, or file is corrupt.
▪ It is copied (partial or full) from any source (websites, forums, students, etc.)
After completing this exercise, you shall be able to:
• Install and activate theme.
• Create pages.
• Create full traveling website
Hands-on Exercise No. 2
Total Marks: 10
Due Date: 19/09/2019
Mrs. Emily posted a job on freelancing platform to create a traveling website which will contain
three pages. First, create “home page”, use slider on top, add services and about section on home
page. The second page should be a “Gallery”, add images of different traveling places and add
little info about the place. Also add a logo.
Please perform these steps and take screenshots:
- Upload or install any theme on your WordPress website (It could be your existing or new
- Create a traveling website.
• Install and activate any theme you want to use for your website.
• Create three pages in the website and add those pages in menu bar (Home, About us and Gallery).
• Create all pages accurately. The Home Page and slider images should look
attractive. (add “Services” section on home page. You can also use dummy text.
• Add at least three posts in “Gallery page” and also add name of each place.
• Add content in “About us” page. You may add dummy content as well.
• Add logo on your website.
• Create fully developed travelling website.
• Also submit the link (URL) of your website.
MS word file (*.doc, *.docx) with following item:
- Complete screenshots of all the steps involved in above task.
- URL of website
How to take a Screenshot:
1- Click on “PrtScn” button, pen Microsoft Paint and click on the paste button and then save
2- You can install a screenshot software “Light Shot”. After installing, click on “PrtScn”
button to take the screenshot.
BEST OF LUCK ☺
How to submit solution file on LMS?
Please perform the following steps for submitting your solution using LMS:
- Login to the LMS
- Click on the Exercises button within the My Activities section
- Click on the submit button to upload your Solution.
- Keep in mind to upload your Solution in .doc or .docx format