Assignment No. 03
Semester: Spring 2019
CS310: Open Source Web Application Development
Total Marks: 20
Due Date: July 31, 2019
Topics Covered: Topics of Week 9 to Week 12
Please read the following instructions carefully before submitting assignment. It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
♣ The assignment is submitted after due date.
♣ The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt.
♣ Assignment is copied (partial or full) from any source (websites, forums, students, etc.)
Note: You have to upload your assignment solution only in .doc or .docx format only. File submitted other than Microsoft Word format will get zero marks.
The objective of this assignment is to provide hands on experience of:
• Installing and configuring MySQL
• Database and table creation
• Inserting data into database (tables)
• Retrieve information from table
• Display data from database on HTML/PHP page
Tools to use:
As a web developer a task is given to you create a simple web application in PHP to show students record on HTML/PHP page. In this task you will create database, table, insert data into table, display table data on HTML/PHP page in the form of HTML table.
• Create database in MySQL.
• Create table “Students” into database. Structure of table is given above.
• Insert sample data into Student table. Sample data is given above.
• Write PHP code to connect with MySQL server.
• Select database and fetch all data from table and show on HTML/PHP page.
What you have to submit?
You have to copy/paste following into your solution file then upload solution file from your LMS account.
• Dumb of Students table or database generated through phpmyadmin.
• Code of PHP.
• Screen shot of PHP/HTML page.
Best of Luck!